I misunderstood the user profile button on the Nox

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I admit, I'm a little slow, but I thought there was a separate user profile for each mode. In other words, I thought you could have a user profile for park1 and then make another user profile for field2 and so on. However after trying to set up a user profile and re-reading the instructions I found that there is only 1 user profile that you can make, total. So if you like the way the multi freq. works in park2, which is a higher weighted multi freq., you can set up a user profile in park2 where you can customize the tone breaks, tone pitch, tone volume, disc, etc. You CANNOT then go to park1 which uses a lower weighted multi freq. and set up another user profile. In fact if you're in park 1 and hit the user profile button it will take you park2 and your custom settings. Then if you hit the mode button it will take you right back to park1. So whenever you're in the user profile mode when you hit the mode button it will take you back to the last mode you used before you went into your user profile mode. Maybe this will help somebody who's as detector illiterate as I am:lol:

BTW, I think it would be really cool if minelab had made it so you COULD have a custom user profile for each mode, then you could store 8 custom profiles with different settings for different conditions. It is what it is. I still love this machine and could be happy using it if it just had park 2 mode and nothing else.

BTW, I think it would be really cool if minelab had made it so you COULD have a custom user profile for each mode, then you could store 8 custom profiles with different settings for different conditions. It is what it is. I still love this machine and could be happy using it if it just had park 2 mode and nothing else.

That will be on the NOX 1500, which is also what it will cost. :laughing:

BCD

Haha! yeah, but there's probably a lot of truth to what you just said. Minelab needs to leave options for a higher dollar machine.

I give it a year before they come up with a higher dollar multi frequency that has more bells and whistles and also fixes some of the issues with the current Nox. Mark it down. March 25th 2018.

BCD

And if you have set up a program in user profile slot. It will stay there even when you turn detector off. Can be used for future hunts.
USER NOTICE
The above is true as long as you don't turn off 800 model while user profile program is engaged. If user profile is engaged and you turn off Nox, your user program data goes bye bye.

I give it a year before they come up with a higher dollar multi frequency that has more bells and whistles and also fixes some of the issues with the current Nox. Mark it down. March 25th 2018.

BCD

If they can get the depth meter more accurate and better modulation on the audio and maybe an overload, then they could definitely charge a little more.

And if you have set up a program in user profile slot. It will stay there even when you turn detector off. Can be used for future hunts.
USER NOTICE
The above is true as long as you don't turn off 800 model while user profile program is engaged. If user profile is engaged and you turn off Nox, your user program data goes bye bye.

That's weird because doesn't it save any changes you make to a regular search profile? I haven't tried turning it off while my user profile mode is on. I hate to try it because then I'll have to set it all up again.

That's weird because doesn't it save any changes you make to a regular search profile? I haven't tried turning it off while my user profile mode is on. I hate to try it because then I'll have to set it all up again.

Correct, regular detect mode programs remain intact when turning off.

I have already recommended Minelab do update and fix the above I talk about.
And also consider removing global/semi global protocols from user profile program settings making all LOCAL.
This way a user can run a totally different and independent user profile program data setup. Currently right now, it can't be done unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom