It is great to have friends.....

Buellride

Forum Supporter
So I have been doing this for a while (in terms of asking permission or door knocking) and it doesn't scare me or hinder my willingness to ask permission or tell people about my hobby. I call myself a "Historical Recovery" expert :laughing:.

Doesn't hurt that I leverage my military service and status as a veteran to gain some trust with homeowners/areas I hunt. Recently I posted my "flyer" about my objective to uncover history in/around older homes and it paid off in spades (at least I hope so :roll:) setting up a hunt later this weekend. I have at least 5 (probably more) 1900s era homes to hunt.

Here is a picture that one of the ladies sent to me....

Attachments

• Picture5.jpg
    Picture5.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 293
Great idea!

Such a great idea! I'm brand new to this hobby and loving it! Detecting historic sites is the reason I just bought a metal detector. Going to my first meeting w/ Cascade tonight to meet those that can detect eves and weekends. I've been to Nike Missile Station (park), Volunteer Park and Fort Steilacoom. Haven't found anything worth reporting but I'm still learning. Can't wait to hear more from your "historical recovery"!

Back
Top Bottom