• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Good fortune continues for box 4

pan4au

Elite Member
My good fortune continued with box 4. I got 1-90% silver 1964 & 39-40% silver another total of 40 silvers in one box. 42 more NIFC's (36 were 2004) and a 1980 cracked die that I thought was scratched until I put it under the mscope. With all of these keepers all I can figured is someones collecting had got dumped at some bank or C.U.. I'm going to start another box if my pain eases up.
I already ordered some coins for next week

Attachments

• sweet box 4.1.jpg
    sweet box 4.1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 165
  • sweet box 4.2.jpg
    sweet box 4.2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 120
Nice bunch of silver. I did some CRH back in 2007, it's hard to believe there's still silver halves being found in this amount. Like you said, maybe someone dumped a hoard.

Box 5 had 2 more 40%
I got 4 more 40% silver in box 6. This was a great hunt for me, best ever.. total of 1 90% Ken & 92 40% silvers. 110 NIFC's 1 1982P NO FG a 1980 cracked die and a 1993 Panama Medio Balboa(my second in CRH)

Fortunate indeed!

I believe the reason for finding large groups of 40% halves the last couple years is similar to what I saw back around 1981, after the Hunt Bros manipulated the price of silver close to $50 an oz. The price crashed, and people dumped their collections in disgust after the price fell to about $4/oz. in 1982 (about $10 today taking inflation into account).

Silver prices have remained somewhat stagnant for years now, and I don’t see change coming any time soon. I still grab any piece that I can, do to habit. :cool:

Thanks all. Not being able to work right now gives me time to CRH and when you get boxes like these it more enjoyable. HH

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

My good fortune continued with box 4. I got 1-90% silver 1964 & 39-40% silver another total of 40 silvers in one box. 42 more NIFC's (36 were 2004) and a 1980 cracked die that I thought was scratched until I put it under the mscope. With all of these keepers all I can figured is someones collecting had got dumped at some bank or C.U.. I'm going to start another box if my pain eases up.
I already ordered some coins for next week

Thank you for understanding that my collection was dumped - Please PM me and I'll send you my address to return them.

Good haul

Back
Top Bottom