Silver #5 for the year is my very first Merc!

MTtrashdigger

Elite Member
Went to a permission that used to have a 1910 farmhouse on it. I haven't been there since I got my Equinox so I was anxious to try it out. There is a lot of junk and trash leftover from the house demolition but I have found a few wheat pennies with my 1266X in what used to be the yard. It was so overgrown that it was hard to cover in any methodical fashion but about 15 minutes in , I dug a solid 26 tone and unearthed my very first Mercury dime!
In the next hour, I found couple more wheats and I then got a call and had to go back to work. :mad: When I get the chance, I'm going back with a sickle bar mower and mowing this place down to the dirt. I still have a lot to learn about the Equinox and I figure this place will be a great place to learn.

Attachments

• first MERC.jpg
    first MERC.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 153
  • merc and wheats.jpg
    merc and wheats.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 134
Mercs are such beutiful coins . The coins with lady liberty are just beutiful.
Congradulations on your first Mercury.
In great shape also.
,Dew

Congrats on your first Merc. Probably first of many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that you've found a merc. dime, that means you are officially a "stud-muffin". You can now join the exclusive club, and learn the secret handshake !

Congrats on the first Merc! Keep pounding that area you will find more...

Congrats on your first merc,its a clean one. We will be awaiting your future pictures. Good luck!
It came out shiny for sure, just washed it off with water. with any luck, I hope to find more! Thanks!

One of my favorite coins.
Congrats!
It's my new favorite!

Congrats on your first Merc. Hope there are a lot more in your future. Trapper
I hope so too! Thanks for the encouragement.

Congrats on your first Merc...nice dig!
Thanks!!

Mercs are such beutiful coins . The coins with lady liberty are just beutiful.
Congradulations on your first Mercury.
In great shape also.
,Dew
Thanks!

Congrats on your first Merc. Probably first of many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope to add to it soon, Thanks!

Congrats on your first merc and wheats! :detector: The Merc is in very good condition and a very beautiful coin. :woot:
Thanks !

Now that you've found a merc. dime, that means you are officially a "stud-muffin". You can now join the exclusive club, and learn the secret handshake !
perhaps I can join that exclusive club of easterners that finds those large cents in parks, coinstars, and at rummage sales......:laughing:

Congrats on the first Merc! Keep pounding that area you will find more...
Thanks I'm convinced there is more there!

Congrats on the merc, especially it being your first...of many to come!
I hope its the first of many more firsts....like buffalo nickels, Indians, Silver GWs...

Thanks you all!!! Hopefully winter wont come to my part of the world for a few more weeks. Looking forward to digging more silver before the ground freezes. Good luck everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom