Silvers #46-#47 FTY

coin whisperer

Elite Member
Today after work I hunted a house that used to be a girl from works grandparents house. The house was built sometime in the early 1930’s. I had the girls cousin that I also work with join me and I let him use my Bounty Hunter Tracker pro equipped with the NEL 13” coil. It was his first time detecting and his first find was a 1939 wheatie! I found a pocket spill consisting of a 1948 Rosie, a 1939 Washington and a non silver 1942 nickel. I found the Rosie first but noticed the signal was choppy and changing vdi numbers so after I put the plug back I got a 17 on the nox 800 about a 1” above the Rosie and dug down and saw the rim of a silver quarter and was surprised so I knew there had to be a nickel in the hole too. I rescanned the hole with my pinpointer and found the nickel. If I would have been cherry picking I would have missed that spill! I also found the smallest aluminum thimble I’ve ever found, three wheaties and a old hair beret. Ty for looking and HH!
f23ee5452e4a34c7fd95cc6896c29f09.jpg

94afb7483f8da4b57970211a21165ea1.jpg

8f9f4f7588a86c055e0330433df4366b.jpg

d2d0dfddfb8a37dd577b9170ace5f9af.jpg

02bfd3e8a6035c69c1f505583c4d1934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice spill Vic!! I have skipped plenty of 17s, damnit now I gotta start digging them lol!!! Congrats on the silver!!

Great finds!

17? Wow. I would expect 30-33. I did find a silver crucifix pendant that rang up 17, but I only dug it because I thought it might be another pre civil war bullet like the one I found right before it 10' away. I always thought that there was something else underneath it like your nickle, but it continues to haunt because I generally avoid digging 15-18 signals. Interesting.

Very nice hunt!!! Congrats

Great finds!

17? Wow. I would expect 30-33. I did find a silver crucifix pendant that rang up 17, but I only dug it because I thought it might be another pre civil war bullet like the one I found right before it 10' away. I always thought that there was something else underneath it like your nickle, but it continues to haunt because I generally avoid digging 15-18 signals. Interesting.

Nice spill Vic!! I have skipped plenty of 17s, damnit now I gotta start digging them lol!!! Congrats on the silver!!

Ty guys

Congrats.

You know it's the stories like yours that makes me dig those iffy signals, and it's my frustration and the pain in my shoulder that makes me more selective as the day goes on. :lol:

Congrats.

You know it's the stories like yours that makes me dig those iffy signals, and it's my frustration and the pain in my shoulder that makes me more selective as the day goes on. :lol:

Lol I prob wouldn’t have dug it if I that Rosie wasn’t so close to it. I was thinking maybe it was a war nickel

Back
Top Bottom