Curb strip produces silver

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Finally got out for a short hunt last night. Got some new permissions on some lots and curb strips so I had about and 1 1/2 hours before dark so I loaded up the CTX3030 and headed out.
Very first coin I hit was a 1963 Washington. NICE!! As mainly a coin hunter I always consider it a successful hunt when I can score a silver. I had not been out since Sept.10, but that's two short hunts in a row with a silver. I also scored a 1958 wheatie. I was really cherry picking since I didn't have much time but I am encouraged to go back now. I have to believe there are more old coins laying around there.
I was running the CTX on Coins, Ferrous Coin, +3. None of these coins were over 3-4" DEEP. The 1963 Washington was only about 2" deep.

Attachments

• 10032018 hunt.jpg
    10032018 hunt.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 259
Can't beat a silver quarter, unless its a half or even a dollar, buuut I've never found a silva dolla.

lol > metaladdict, SIlVER is SILVER IS SILVER, however, this didn't even come close to the moment I found a Morgan. lol

Attachments

• morgan.jpg
    morgan.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 167
Very nice report Jerr . Very promising site considering the shallow coins still in place . Odds are good it remains undetected 👍
Love the display of all the big girls also. No offense to Big Ben . 😎

So good to see you getting out for a hunt here and there.
,Dew

Very nice report Jerr . Very promising site considering the shallow coins still in place . Odds are good it remains undetected 👍
Love the display of all the big girls also. No offense to Big Ben . 😎

So good to see you getting out for a hunt here and there.
,Dew

Thanks Dew, it is finally cooling off outside so this old fat man can get out and play. I have to laugh. When I asked the owner for permission, the first thing out of his mouth was have at it but its been hunted many times. lol. Its hard to miss a quarter at 2" for anybody hunting that area. So, I seriously doubt if its been hunted very hard AND, AND, AND obviously not with a Minelab !!!!! COIN MAGNETS !!!

Nice hunt, jerr-man! Gotta love those curbstrips - I’m amazed at how often the good stuff turns up relatively shallow on a good strip. Just got a nice IHP today myself only about 2” down on a curbstrip during a short hunt. Always makes me wonder when good stuff shows up shallow - is it virgin ground, or did someone just skip it because they assumed it was modern “junk” or clad :?:

Nice job Jerr!

Thank You Tom

Nice hunt and getting silver from the door probably made it even better,.congrats on the score.

Thank You Wood

Love that color, congrats!

Thank You
Nice hunt, jerr-man! Gotta love those curbstrips - I’m amazed at how often the good stuff turns up relatively shallow on a good strip. Just got a nice IHP today myself only about 2” down on a curbstrip during a short hunt. Always makes me wonder when good stuff shows up shallow - is it virgin ground, or did someone just skip it because they assumed it was modern “junk” or clad :?:

Thank You, I have found some nice coins hunting curb strips.
Nice hunt Jerry! Congrats on the GW!
I really gotta start hitting those curb strips.
Thank You Ron

Back
Top Bottom