OMG!!! It's a...DOH!

Moe Money

Hit a new permission down the road from me, and dug one of the crulest Bazinga's ever. This gold metal lid was on it's side and a wipe of the thumb revealed this amazing reeded edge. I about fell over! Thought for a second it was a double eagle gold coin. :shock: Ended up digging 11 wheats and a silver religious pendant, but no gold coin for me!

Attachments

• reighardts yard2.jpg
    reighardts yard2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 409
  • reighardts yard3.jpg
    reighardts yard3.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 387
  • reighardts yard.jpg
    reighardts yard.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 411
  • reighardts yard4.jpg
    reighardts yard4.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 398
Same thing happened to me last year.
Golden half dollar sized coin in the hole, right VDI numbers and solid tone.
Big disappointment, somebody lost a damn chocolate candy coin. :(

Looks like you still had a really good hunt. I hate those Chuck E Cheese tokens , better known as heart attack coins. Ask me how I know.

Ouch! Massive heart breaker! I've had a few heart breakers, but I was fortunate in that they each still turned out to be decent keepers - a lionhead ring that I initially thought was a big ol' solid gold honker but was actually just plated, and a aluminum play coin that I initially thought was going to be foreign silver, etc. Particularly rough for yours to be a cap :no: But honestly, I'd be tempted to keep that cap if it were my find - just a funny, bittersweet "heart breaker" conversation piece! What did you do?? Keeper, or is it already long gone in the trash?? :grin:

Know that heart skipping moment then the disappointment.
Think it has happened to all of us but that's the excitement of the hunt.

Hit a new permission down the road from me, and dug one of the crulest Bazinga's ever. This gold metal lid was on it's side and a wipe of the thumb revealed this amazing reeded edge. I about fell over! Thought for a second it was a double eagle gold coin. :shock: Ended up digging 11 wheats and a silver religious pendant, but no gold coin for me!

I like your coin of gold song quote.:lol:
Congrats on the silver.:yes:

A couple years ago I was detecting a city park that at one time was a school. A few wheat pennies and one silver rosie had come out of the park so I was hopeful of finding something other than clad.

Had a target and when I popped the plug I could see a yellow reed rim of a coin. With trembling fingers I very carefully extracted the coin and shook the coin to get the dirt of it. With great anticipation I looked to see what I had found to discover a gold plated modern quarter.

The elation died quickly.

I found a gold colored lithium battery casing right by where I found a gold coin. Last thing I thought it would be was modern trash. A week or 2 later a gold pull tab. At that point I started believing in a Treasure God. So far I have sacrificed endless hours of my life to him looking for more gold. I figure a few thousand more hours and he might send me to another gold coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom