Beach settings for Equinox 600/800

Why turn the iron volume up? What effect will this have?

Helps ID target patches. If I find iron targets I slow down.
Last few hunts targets were few and far between. Hearing iron tones also reassures me the detector is on. :laughing:
Also, I've had iron tones turn out to be deep, clad targets.

I run NO threshold........ then run AM with iron (first bin) at 2.... i hear all the iron without creating a lot more distraction noise to do the same thing..... listen for target concentrations.

I pretty much run my 600 in B2, iron bias at 3 (i think), 0 disc and sens @ 22/23 with barely audible threshold. This has been working very well for me, especially in the iron infested beaches of CT. No issues with depth, chatter, falsing, etc. It just runs great and finds deep stuff in the iron.

I sold my modded excal for the nox and don't regret it one bit.

Nox 600 running well, found some gold, one plat, even a tiny 925 earring backing the other day. Of course now we have the update and a little more sand so I start questioning things like: is my recovery speed too quick, should I have on auto tracking etc.

Right now running:

Old Software (not updated yet)
Sensitivity around 20, whatever works without crazy falsing
Ground Balance - Was working fine with auto tracking now doubting myself. Probably try 0
No thresh
Accept\Reject I adjust to 0 instead of -9. Switch to all metal occasionally using the horseshoe button.
Recovery Speed I had set to 3 which = 6 on an EQ800. Its fast but I may drop to setting of 2 if conditions are sanded in.
Iron Bias I had set to 3 which is max on the EQ600. May try a 2 if things are slow.

I do run into the same issue with vanishing targets, I saw earlier advice saying push sens to the max or use pinpoint, I saw others say its usually a dime that this occurs with but nobody likes uncertainty when you get a solid 13 tone and it vanishes :)

All in all the Nox has been great but when hunting slows down I can't help but wonder if there's more I can squeeze out of little Noxy :)

So there have been a lot of threads about hunting on the beach with the NOX, so it would be nice get some advice from those of you who have now done it enough times to lock down what they think are the best settings for wet sand as water hunting.

Which beach mode did you choose for what location? Did you tweek the settings at all and find them better than the factory settings. Auto ground balancing? Noise cancellation?

It would be nice to see if all you beach hinters are leaning the same way with your settings.

And yes, I am also asking so that I don't have to spend all that time trying different scenarios myself:D

I just did a recent test with my Nox 600 with the new update at the beach and found that most Canadian coins will not show up in either beach settings.. But Park and Field 2 seems to work best to find those hidden coins. AND sings out LOUD on gold and silver..

In beach settings, I would have to swing the coil at a limping snail's pace across Canadian coins for the Nox 600 to even see them.. but it will beep nicely in either F2 and P2.. not sure if that's the new firmware update causing that or that I have missed a lot of coins using the wrong settings in the past..

Not sure how your SA coins are composed of, but most of our Canadian stuff is clad and will dance the numbers a lot..

Back
Top Bottom