Ring found and Question

exahab

So last night I found a Wedding Band that had been crunched and was shaped like a football. Edges showed Gold so I thought id found my first gold ring. Hallmark says S. Bros. 14K and inside and rim looks great however the outside of ring is corroded like a plated ring. ring appears to be very old im guessing 1900's

It rang up 66/67 on my fisher gold bug and copper/ gold plated rings usually com in much higher than that.

Ive read S. Bros is a reputable jeweler from UK from between 1870 and 1940. What is goin on here? Any info is helpful.

By the way this is the 6th plated band ive found this summer. Surely one will be gold soon.

Pictures would sure help.

I would look close where it is bent because that is where the plating will show best if it is plated.

Picture would be nice but I am suspecting it isn't real. Only way to know is have it tested. I have found many rings underwater marked 14K that were fake.

Get a magnet out of an old computer hard drive and see if it sticks to it. Take it to a jeweler, they test them free. DON'T sell it to them.

A picture would help.

Sorry guys I guess im not the best communicator. I know the ring is fake, I just never found one with a reputable hallmark in it as well. Ive found plenty fakes with 14K and 18K in them but no other marks. I guess I was asking more bout the S. Bros. company than I was the ring. Did they sell fakes? Did someone counterfeit their hallmark?

This is bizarre the OP must have got mad and threw this ring on one of my permissions:p

While googling the mark I found this thread so this was 14k gold plated copper ring. It's a woman's size and fits my wife's little finger.

Anyone know anything bout S Bros, apparently it's Sydenham Brothers, but don't know any more than that.

Attachments

• IMG_2495.JPG
    IMG_2495.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 740
This is bizarre the OP must have got mad and threw this ring on one of my permissions:p

While googling the mark I found this thread so this was 14k gold plated copper ring. It's a woman's size and fits my wife's little finger.

Anyone know anything bout S Bros, apparently it's Sydenham Brothers, but don't know any more than that.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting thread. I guess "all that says 14K isn't gold". :roll:

So I'm not trying to state the obvious to the informed individual. Trust me all I know anout jewelrey from being a husband of 25 years is..... I have to pay...

But as I was surfing, they can label it based on how it was planted? So this copper ring is 14k plated? .

BTY this is the second copper ring I have found here but the other had no marks.

Hallmark of Shame

I found an "S.BROS.14K" ring the other night and found this thread - I'm adding them to the !!!! category! Copper in sight just ain't right...

Attachments

• DSCF0075.jpg
    DSCF0075.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 467
Back
Top Bottom