Two Silvers Plus An Old Hatpin

diggin4clad

Elite Member
My girlfriend and I hunted an old (1870's )high school field and dug the usual clad....51 coins worth $8.02. In addition to the clad I dug a 1964-D silver Roosevelt dime, a small sterling silver charm, and Sue dug what seems to be an old rhinestone hat pin.

Attachments

• Image (5).jpg
    Image (5).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 291
Great finds.
You don't find a hat pin every day.. I remember my Mother Piercing both my sisters ears herself.. what did she use? a Hat pin of course. So.. a School a Hat pin perfect recipe for a Piercing Party.

your GF did very good and ok you did all right too :)

Great finds.
You don't find a hat pin every day.. I remember my Mother Piercing both my sisters ears herself.. what did she use? a Hat pin of course. So.. a School a Hat pin perfect recipe for a Piercing Party.

your GF did very good and ok you did all right too :)

My mother once told me that she pierced her own ears with a sharpened PENCIL ! OUCH !!!

Cool finds! That hat pin is very neat!
Thank You...

Great hunting! Been cold up here, looking like some warmer temps coming later in the week, good luck out there!
Thanks......been unseasonably cold here too.

Congrats on the silver, sterling and hat pin...nice digging!
Thank You

Great finds! I love the hat pin!
Thank you.....

Nice finds. Congratulations.
thank you

I submitted the hatpin to the "Ask Mark Parker " column in Western & Eastern Treasures magazine and he confirmed that it's genuine and not a modern day repro. He stated that it dates back to somewhere between the 1890's and early 1900's.

Some nice finds.

I like to see things posted besides coins. They excite me and add spice to the forum.
Thanks for sharing.

Congradulations on the silver and that hat pin looks great !
8 bucks for the clad jar is a nice haul alsođź‘Ť
Great hunt you two.
,Dew

Back
Top Bottom