Please recommend an entry level detector

G

gorluik

Please provide a recommendation for an entry level detector, price range $300-500 that you gives you the best value for the your dollar. I realize if I go too cheap that the detector will not have ability to screen out the garbage. Thanks in advance.

I think for that amount of money you can get better than an entry level machine. Something to consider however, is that any machine that supposedly screens out garbage will also on occasion screen out great items. Unless you are willing to dig most everything besides iron, you will likely miss some fantastic finds.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum gorluik... All detectors can be fooled by trash even the most expensive ones... If I were you I would purchase an Ace 250 to see if you like the hobby and if you don't you can sell it easily and your buying a detector that will work as well as a detector you seek in your price range.

I love my TESORO CIBOLA! You can get one for about $340-$400. A great machine for learning and lots of fun.

Looking back (about 4 months ago).....I would have saved my $$$ and purchased a DFX since I have become comfortable with the machine and am already looking to upgrade. Just a thought.
Good luck and hope you find lots of goodies!

Back
Top Bottom