The test was positive, IT'S GOLD!!!

frankiefry

Forum Supporter
I took the watch that I found on Sunday to the jewelry store to have it tested because there were NO marks that I could find. They did whatever it is they do and came back to tell me it tested right for 14K. She wanted to know if I was interested in selling it, but she'd have to open it to take out any watch works or dirt that was in it before weighing it, so I told her go ahead, because I had no plan to restore it as a watch. Upon opening it, the works fell out all rusted and dirt also, since there was no crystal to protect it. Inside the bottom we saw the word CAPITAL in a half circle above the 14K. It seems to be from the 20's or 30's by it's design and style. It weighed 3 grams and she offered me $34 for it. HMMM, Nope, I decided to keep it for awhile. Maybe I'll find some nice friends (rings, chains, charms) for it now that the 'ice' is broken. So that's a happy ending to the story that started on Sunday. Thanks for all your good luck wishes. It worked. : )

Hooray, congrats! Sorry I had a doubt about it! :D :roll: Good thinking on keeping it, it has more worth to you than melt value ever will have on it! HH
NC

Nice going on the gold watch. Hope you find more, and if you do I would let you send me some of the gold you find. PM me for my address to send gold to. Thanks for being so kind.

... I would let you send me some of the gold you find. PM me for my address to send gold to. Thanks for being so kind.

Congratulations on the GOLD. BTW, I will give a better offer than Devros, I will give you $32.00 for it, and you will be helping a fellow MD out. :roll: (jk)

If I remember correctly...

14K is a little more than 50% gold. 18K is 75% so.....
I was very psyched to read your title. Cool find for sure !! I hope I'm next.
Marty

Gold!!

Congrats on your gold!! Now next time you find some you will know for sure right as you pull it from the ground!!
:cool12:

I took the watch that I found on Sunday to the jewelry store to have it tested because there were NO marks that I could find. They did whatever it is they do and came back to tell me it tested right for 14K. She wanted to know if I was interested in selling it, but she'd have to open it to take out any watch works or dirt that was in it before weighing it, so I told her go ahead, because I had no plan to restore it as a watch. Upon opening it, the works fell out all rusted and dirt also, since there was no crystal to protect it. Inside the bottom we saw the word CAPITAL in a half circle above the 14K. It seems to be from the 20's or 30's by it's design and style. It weighed 3 grams and she offered me $34 for it. HMMM, Nope, I decided to keep it for awhile. Maybe I'll find some nice friends (rings, chains, charms) for it now that the 'ice' is broken. So that's a happy ending to the story that started on Sunday. Thanks for all your good luck wishes. It worked. : )

AWESOME Congrats!!!

Awesome, Congrats, that's about $61 at 3 grams.

Back
Top Bottom