NOX users - how is the NOX on trashy farms sites or iron - laden cellar holes?

abbynormal

Elite Member
I'm curious as to how Minelab Equinox 800 (or 600, for that matter) does in the types of sites that I typically hunt. I see a lot of info from folks using it in parks and on beaches, and I see that it has pre-set setting for those environs.

What about farm sites that have been continuously occupied for 200+ years? Old cellar holes?

I am struggling right now to understand how the multi-frequency works and what advantage (if any) it would give me on my normal hunting grounds. I am considering purchasing this machine, but am still conducting research.

If anyone can provide some insight I would be grateful. Thanks!!

I've had my Equinox 800 about a month, maybe a little less, I have been back to 3 sites that I've gone over pretty good and pulled more coins on each occasion. It will pull a non ferrous target out of iron almost effortlessly. Many times there will be a rusty bolt or nail in the plug with a good target. Recommend reading TnnSS posts or watching Calabash's videos, they do well conveying the abilities of the Equinox. Good luck Mark

You need to watch Calabash diggers YouTube videos. He hunts iron laden sites and has tons of settings etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I will definitely check out the videos that you are referring to. :)

Edit - started watching these videos, and they are fantastic! I now have another favorite YouTube channel. ;)

Last edited:
One other question - how is your battery life?

Battery life seems to be more or less as advertised in specs of detector.

For old farms.
For stock 11" coiled detector.
Best I have ever used.

Small coil still not available yet.
It would come in handy for the cellar holes.

To get the most performance around in the iron, 800 model has advantage over 600 model unit.

Cheers

I don't own one yet, but this is the main reason im picking one up, iron heavy sites... Its gunna find stuff in iron most detectors won't even sound off on, including FBS. Should have mine in a week or two, I have one tiny little ballfield next to a small schoolhouse that is LOADED with iron. I found a walker with the CTX at this site with over a dozen iron nails in the plug with it. I've also pulled a couple dozen silvers out of here all mixed in the iron. She stopped producing though :laughing: :shock: this nox should get us back together again though :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
I don't own one yet, but this is the main reason im picking one up, iron heavy sites... Its gunna find stuff in iron most detectors won't even sound off on, including FBS. Should have mine in a week or two, I have one tiny little ballfield next to a small schoolhouse that is LOADED with iron. I found a walker with the CTX at this site with over a dozen iron nails in the plug with it. I've also pulled a couple dozen silvers out of here all mixed in the iron. She stopped producing though :laughing: :shock: this nox should get us back together again though :lol:

I can’t wait to see how it does in that ball field. Use recovery speed 7!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom