My first two hunts with the Equinox 800

MDChris

Forum Supporter
I was lucky enough to get my Equinox 800 last Friday from Jerry at Antiques Detectors (Great guy to do business with). I did a two hour field hunt on Saturday and a two hour hunt by an old schoolhouse on Sunday. So far I've been thoroughly impressed with its performance.
Day 1 in the field I was mainly using the Nox in Field 1 and 2 mode and playing around with the different recovery speeds and sensitivity settings, I was really impressed with depth it was getting out there. Although it was just a "getting to know you" type day with the detector I still had a couple good finds.
8X2cnR3l.jpg

Day 2 was at a lot right beside what use to be a schoolhouse from the early to mid 1900s. I've hit this little spot a ton over the years with my ATPro, using the standard, 5x8 and Storm coils. I've been able to pull out silvers, IHPs and tons of wheats, but I've stopped going as the signals have just run out at that place. It's littered with a ton of iron and items sink deep here. I used Park 1 and 2 with recovery speed 6 and Sensativity at 23. It felt like I was detecting this place for the first time. Repeatable signals were popping up everywhere. Signals that should have been no-brainers to dig if the ATPro would have picked them up. I had a silver quarter and dime in the same hole. Most of the holes I dug had a coin, and a nail or other junk close by.
q2cogMwl.jpg

L7EU7M6l.jpg

OUTSTANDING ! That GAR medal is superb.What is the button to the right of silver in pic ? Great saves on the silver as well. The Equinox does deliver. I've been hitting pounded sites with mine and pulling many coins and alot of other cool stuff including a GAR button. Google GAR if you haven't already, pretty cool read. Continued success and HH Mark

OUTSTANDING ! That GAR medal is superb.What is the button to the right of silver in pic ? Great saves on the silver as well. The Equinox does deliver. I've been hitting pounded sites with mine and pulling many coins and a lot of other cool stuff including a GAR button. Google GAR if you haven't already, pretty cool read. Continued success and HH Mark

The button is either a WW1 or WW2 era collar disk. I have some that have "US" on them but never found one with the US in background and MD on the front. Probably stands for Maryland as that's the state I live in. The blank disk beside it use to have either crossed rifles or artillery on it.

Looks like you and the 800 are getting along nicely!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Man I'm impressed again by the nox. Awesome couple of hunts & very cool finds!

Back
Top Bottom