Settings for Equinox 600 ??

bubbaron

Forum Supporter
Hi to all,
I would like some information for settings for coin shooting and dirt digging. My 600 will be delivered today and I would like some input from all you good experienced guys as to what settings do I want to start. I know I need to learn the machine but some good advice will certainly shorten the process. We are getting snow here this afternoon so when I get the 600 I will charge it and play with it for readings and whatever other settings I need to know. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Bubbaron AT Pro At, Pin Pointer, Garrett 8x6 " Coil Nox 600 Very soon.

Recovery speed is confusing when comparing nox 600/800. The max recovery speed on the 600 is 3 which corresponds to 6 on the 800. Guys are hitting deep targets with the 800 on even higher recovery speeds. I see no need to lower the recovery speed below 3 on the nox 600 or 6 or 7 on the 800. I was hitting a 9” quarter in my test bed with recovery on 3 on my nox 600. Using 1 or 2 did little to improve signal and will only hurt performance in trash/mineralized ground imo

In my very limited experience with mine, for general use I would reccomend park 2, recovery 3, iron bias 0, 50 tones, sensitivity 22. Dig everything above 10 if not in a super trashy area.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your help and input. The UPS guy just delivered my Nox 600 about an hour ago 5:45 PM. I am getting somewhere between 4 - 6" of snow tomorrow so I will put the machine together and charge it so I can play. I cleaned up my clads today from the last 3 hunts. It totaled $13.45 not counting zinc pennies. Sure wish we were not getting this snow. The hunting conditions just improved a week ago with no snow and no frozen ground. Oh well, I can play with my new toy and watch it snow !!
Again, thank-you all for your experienced advice. Remember I am a newbe and am only doing this great hobby since Sept. 2017. I am saving all my clads till the end on the year and then I will give you the grand total. Not one silver in this last bunch.

Recovery speed is confusing when comparing nox 600/800. The max recovery speed on the 600 is 3 which corresponds to 6 on the 800. Guys are hitting deep targets with the 800 on even higher recovery speeds. I see no need to lower the recovery speed below 3 on the nox 600 or 6 or 7 on the 800. I was hitting a 9” quarter in my test bed with recovery on 3 on my nox 600. Using 1 or 2 did little to improve signal and will only hurt performance in trash/mineralized ground imo

In my very limited experience with mine, for general use I would reccomend park 2, recovery 3, iron bias 0, 50 tones, sensitivity 22. Dig everything above 10 if not in a super trashy area.
I concur. Great post. This is all good info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Some words of wisdom here.

Yes park 2 seems deeper for me too.
But field 2 actually can unmask and separate a tad better.

Meaning in pounded sites, even if park 2 has been used, field 2 might pull something.

Field 2 likes real thin finds too.
Relic hunters especially in polluted sites will love field 2 detect mode.
CW relic hunters, those smaller eagle cuff buttons, field 2 can sniff them out.

Also I will say this, I can't prove but highly suspect,,in higher mineral soil, field 2 better unmasker to get to a lot of the smaller, thinner stuff.

User might find field 2 runs a bit smoother in heavier iron vs park 2.

Just thought I would share.

Hope all good luck with their Noxs?
Not like you need it.
Cause it will hunt.
Real bird dog of a detector.

Back
Top Bottom