Don't hate us East Coast guys...

Silver_Seeker

Elite Member
Yesterday I hit a permission with a few friends that has produced a bunch of mostly 1930s-1950s silver with a few Indian Head pennies and the oldest thing being a 1901 Barber Dime.

We have picked it pretty clean and good signals are hard to come by but after about 3 hours I dug a 29' Merc so I wasn't skunked at least.

Then later I got a very clear, repeatable signal that rang up like a dime and sounded silver on my machine. I dug a 5" plug and scanned the plug but it wasn't there. The pinpointer found nothing in the hole so I pulled out another shovel full and when I dumped the dirt on the side of the hole I saw the back of this looking at me.

We've dug nothing pre 1900 so what was this doing there?

Then again, living in a town founded in 1642 helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20180318_175914.jpg
    IMG_20180318_175914.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_20180318_175939.jpg
    IMG_20180318_175939.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 465
I hate you I hate you I hate you. Oh, and did I mention I hate you ? :mad:

I can not get mad about such a nice dig, but I am filled with envy and a sadness knowing I will never dig such a fine example of history while living in the tundra known as Wisconsin. Congrats on a fabulous Coin. Trapper

Tom Of ca will be along shortly to tell you to stop your lies.

Oh, well ... you're right: They're just east coast lies. The same colonial coppers , busts, LC's and reales that you guys keep passing back and forth to one another for these photo-ops.

Ok, I feel better now. Since they're just fun & games make believe, and not real.... then I don't hate you now. I luv ya! You guys aren't half bad jokers ! :cool:

Oh, well ... you're right: They're just east coast lies. The same colonial coppers , busts, LC's and reales that you guys keep passing back and forth to one another for these photo-ops.

Ok, I feel better now. Since they're just fun & games make believe, and not real.... then I don't hate you now. I luv ya! You guys aren't half bad jokers ! :cool:

Haha its ok tom. The other week I literally tripped over an 1800s rifle barrel sticking straight out of the ground. Nearly unknowingly threw it away actually :laughing:

As much as I hate to admit it, you east coast guys have it over us when it comes to the really old stuff. Maybe we can trade some of our outstanding weather for some of your old stuff. :lol:

As much as I hate to admit it, you east coast guys have it over us when it comes to the really old stuff. Maybe we can trade some of our outstanding weather for some of your old stuff. :lol:

I'll trade all my old coppers for those gold coins out on the west coast

Back
Top Bottom