Coin Probe - My Preference

pacer

Just thought I'd share my preference for a coin probe. Decided after loosing my favorite all time probe, I would make my own. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 609
These look like ones you purchase. I would have never known that you made them if you had not said. Good work.

I use a probe once in a while. I use a screw driver more to probe with.

Ray

What did you use for a brass rod?

Very nice!

I use what's called "L Round Brass Rod". Purchased it from Ace Hardware, #8165 5/32" x 12" for $2.49. The handles are 1.25" diameter ceramic ball handles. I
threaded the Brass rod to match the ceramic ball handles. I then used a 2 part epoxy to make sure it never comes apart.

Your welcome, and I hope they work well.

Had my original one for over 20 years. It never broke, however, I did misplace it and to this day have never found it. Couple of years ago I decided to make my own. I was using different handles then, until I was able to find the ceramic ball handles. Now all I make are the ceramic ones. Been making them for fellow club members and to this day, I've never had one fail. Guess everyone who has received one from me is happy.

Buy a fiberglass driveway reflector, cut 3-4 lengths from it, get 3-4 old golf balls, drill and epoxy together, round-off ends, dip golf balls in bright paint if you desire.

Non-metallic, very inexpensive, won't interfere with detector or pinpointer.

Buy a fiberglass driveway reflector, cut 3-4 lengths from it, get 3-4 old golf balls, drill and epoxy together, round-off ends, dip golf balls in bright paint if you desire.

Non-metallic, very inexpensive, won't interfere with detector or pinpointer.

Excellent idea.

I don't have one of them.
I use an old screw driver that I ground the tip smooth. Been using that for years.
I did make a back up incase someone for gets where they left it .

KEN :D

Had one years ago was fiberglass from a CB antenna, going to check the driveway rods, need to make another. Got one just like yours with white drawer knob. HH Jerry

Back
Top Bottom