Ever seen a bottle like this?

mcateercustom

Here's a super cool,IMO, bottle I dug. Anybody know what it is?

It's markings on the bottom are hard to read. They go like this.question marks are numbers just not sure what numbers lol :?:

CONT 1 ?/? ?? OZS

And on the side on bottom edge it reads,

A5988

Never seen a bottle like this before.
fdd08ee60ef9377374bd9ea322288d43_zpsef31898e.jpg

I wonder if it's not an antique baby bottle, similar to these. Narrow so the baby can get a grip and the nipple stretches over the lip.
msxOBGcTXPD8UUDCvijcMNA.jpg

nice find! looks like an old olive oil bottle. I'm thinking 1840-1870. How far do the seams go up the sides?

Maybe the numbers and letters are 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 FL OZ (Fluid Ounces)
I believe that's what is says.

nice find! looks like an old olive oil bottle. I'm thinking 1840-1870. How far do the seams go up the sides?

The seems are all the way up. One of the seems looks kinda crooked. I googled the numbers and someone had this actual bottle for sale on eBay but its so old of a post they took it down! :no: they described it perfectly lol I thought I had it! Oh well. I'll just keep looking. That would be sweet if it were a 1800s bottle! I'd clean it up and put olive oil in it lol

This is why i was thinking an old olive oil bottle. I'm involved in another site and seen this awhile back. It was dug out of a privy. Close to the same design but not exact. This is 1 of 2 of the same bottles dug. This one was cleaed up and given to someone as a gift which is a sweet gesture!! Pic courtesy of TomsTreasures (Rob).

importedoliveoilbottle.jpg

Here's a super cool,IMO, bottle I dug. Anybody know what it is?

It's markings on the bottom are hard to read. They go like this.question marks are numbers just not sure what numbers lol :?:

CONT 1 ?/? ?? OZS

And on the side on bottom edge it reads,

A5988

Never seen a bottle like this before.
fdd08ee60ef9377374bd9ea322288d43_zpsef31898e.jpg
[/QU

My wife and I found one like Sevenonesix posted.

This is why i was thinking an old olive oil bottle. I'm involved in another site and seen this awhile back. It was dug out of a privy. Close to the same design but not exact. This is 1 of 2 of the same bottles dug. This one was cleaed up and given to someone as a gift which is a sweet gesture!! Pic courtesy of TomsTreasures (Rob).

Man that's sweet right there! Might have to do something like that! I love building with old barn wood! This maybe an olive oil bottle. This is the closest one by far I have seen that resembles it. Thanks for the help!

Very cool MC... That would definitely be displayed somewhere in my house, whether the wife likes it or not.
Hahaha funny you say that! My wife has over taken this bottle! She absolutly loves it! It will definatly be sticking around!

Sweet I love finding these old bottles. My front porch is covered with them.

Man that's sweet right there! Might have to do something like that! I love building with old barn wood! This maybe an olive oil bottle. This is the closest one by far I have seen that resembles it. Thanks for the help!

Very cool MC... That would definitely be displayed somewhere in my house, whether the wife likes it or not.
Hahaha funny you say that! My wife has over taken this bottle! She absolutly loves it! It will definatly be sticking around!

Sweet I love finding these old bottles. My front porch is covered with them.

Back
Top Bottom