Same problem with Nox as some others have had.

pan4au

Elite Member
There was a curb strip that I wanted to hunt but last weekend the ground was bone dry. That area got over an inch of rain Wed. evening. So yesterday I was in the area. Even though I was in a lot of pain and the Heat index was 100F, I decided to search it. After about 30 min the Nox's display went dark. I remember seeing a post where someone else had that problem when using the screen cover. I turned the detector on when I got home and all is normal now.
Has anyone had this problem when not using a screen/control box cover.
TIA

There was a curb strip that I wanted to hunt but last weekend the ground was bone dry. That area got over an inch of rain Wed. evening. So yesterday I was in the area. Even though I was in a lot of pain and the Heat index was 100F, I decided to search it. After about 30 min the Nox's display went dark. I remember seeing a post where someone else had that problem when using the screen cover. I turned the detector on when I got home and all is normal now.
Has anyone had this problem when not using a screen/control box cover.
TIA

I have not.
I was out earlier (no cover) and got barbecued because it was so hot.
I don't use a cover ever btw.

No problems here in sunny UK...lol.

I use screen protector and control box cover.

Plus got the whole machine covered in self-clinging camo fabric tape.

Protects whole machine for £5 instead of the stupidly expensive and thick neoprene.

Matt.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys... I hate not using the cover especially after seeing your post TNSS on the wear on the touch pads. I may tinker with a different type of cover to see if I can get one to protect w/o that problem

Thanks guys... I hate not using the cover especially after seeing your post TNSS on the wear on the touch pads. I may tinker with a different type of cover to see if I can get one to protect w/o that problem

Get one of the ZAGG covers that's larger than the entire face plate of the nox. Then cut it to size and apply it over buttons and all and it will protect them. It conforms perfectly to the buttons even though they're slightly elevated above the face plate. BTW, I have the zagg protector and the deano's cover. Mine has not overheated, but I haven't been out in a while now that it's getting really hot out.

I used a cover for my CTX because I treated that machine like a baby. At $650, the nox is not getting a cover.

For what it's worth, I have the neoprene and plastic cover for my Nox 600.
The housing nicks up easy. I don't baby it but figure a cover will make it last a little longer.

I haven't had the blackout problem yet.

I just did a 6-hour hunt in the Texas heat and sun today and had no issues. Hottest it's been during a hunt with the Nox so far is 97 with heat index around 103.

I hope Im not in for a blackout in the future. I don't want to take cover off.
d52e78a4aad5057172430fba481e0daa.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, I have the neoprene and plastic cover for my Nox 600.
The housing nicks up easy. I don't baby it but figure a cover will make it last a little longer.

I haven't had the blackout problem yet.

I just did a 6-hour hunt in the Texas heat and sun today and had no issues. Hottest it's been during a hunt with the Nox so far is 97 with heat index around 103.

I hope Im not in for a blackout in the future. I don't want to take cover off.
d52e78a4aad5057172430fba481e0daa.jpg

When I went out it was the middle of the day.. sun straight overhead beading down on the screen may have been the culprit. I don't believe it was the heat as I left it in my truck and when I remembered it I got it out of the truck and the screen displayed fine... the temp in the truck was way higher than the day the screen blackout so I believe the problem was sun radiation related.. just my 2¢

Could be. I know mine saw some direct sun but I did not pay attention to how much.
When I went out it was the middle of the day.. sun straight overhead beading down on the screen may have been the culprit. I don't believe it was the heat as I left it in my truck and when I remembered it I got it out of the truck and the screen displayed fine... the temp in the truck was way higher than the day the screen blackout so I believe the problem was sun radiation related.. just my 2¢

I’m usually detecting the beach and thought the cover would provide a little more protection but now I’m thinking the Zagg might be a good idea.
I’ll be a little more careful where I set it.
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Back
Top Bottom