honey hole gives up 6 silver including a merc

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
Once again ventured into the woods looking for a silver instead of the usual quota. After 45 minutes had not had a single signal worth digging. Did pass by about a dozen folks walking their dogs, a few crows, a few squirrels but no signals. Veered off a side path to another that sort of goes up an enbankment and the noise from the Pro's headphones just about blew me ears off!

So I dug with the lesche.....a silver.....yes.....then another.....then another.....um a merc. You get the picture!

A big hole that when all was said and done netted six silver and a 1948 nickel.

The little tin that Jim in the UK had given me came in use.

Man that was like work so I left to do something easier on the bones....came home and put three loads of laundry in and made the bed. Cleaned the finds off and must say the merc shone the brightest. Merc a 1942 with what looks like a "w" mint mark to the right of the date, quarter is a 1940 and the dimes 43,45,51 and 53.

Next outing I'm going back to normal and pursuing Mr. Quota! Nogo Sojo has sure attracted the silver since I got him.

Nice digs! Check that Mercury closely to see if it might be the 42 over 41. Worth a little bit more.....;)

:shock: dang Leslie! i'm going to have to send some spy's out and find out where you're hunting, lol. ;) i haven't dug 6 silver all year!
congrats! that's a great day in my book! :D

Pete

Wow Good job me bouy. You find silver and do laundry too? I have part of a Carly Simon song for you.

"Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all the time"

"You're so vain
You probably think this song is about you
You're so vain, you're so vain
I'll bet you think this song is about you
Don't you?
Don't you?"

Back
Top Bottom