Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Old 09-16-2017, 05:33 PM
Supporter

Default I'm still a newbie...went back to a place I hit when I was a REAL newbie

Nothing special here. When I first got my AT Pro, about 9 months ago, one of the first places I hit was a little elementary school that hosts soccer games on the weekends. At that time, I found some clad and a little gold-plated pendant (no value). Now that I'm a bit more confident, I decided to go check it out again.

I really worked today. I took my time and covered about 40% of the ground that I rushed through when I first started. I dug the items shown, a TON of trash, and $5.48 in clad. Someone is hitting this place- I didn't find a single quarter. Honestly, I would give up all of those crisp quarter signals, if they will leave me those crisp mid-tone signals, which they did.

Nothing valuable, everything is junk. 5 rings, 1 earring, 8 necklace pendants, 1 bracelet, 2 dog tags, 1 "good dog blessing ring", a bunch of keys and other odds and ends.

Will go back next weekend and clean up the stuff I missed when I was a REAL newbie. A couple years from now, I'll go back and clean up the stuff that I missed when I was a regular newbie
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2017, 06:16 PM
Elite Member

Thats a ton of jewelery, junk or not that's a good days haul. The good stuff is there too I'm sure. Congrats!

☆2-Shield~15-V's~18-Buff☆

Old 09-16-2017, 10:25 PM

I enjoy digging that sort of stuff just as much or more than clad. You sure did slow down the way it appears and overlap those sweeps. Congratulations on the fun finds.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Old 09-17-2017, 12:45 AM
Supporter

It's a lot of fun going back and seeing what you missed when you first started. That school sounds like most of my sites, no quarters. I have several ball fields I check on a routine basis and never find quarters (or much of anything else) at them so I figure one of the groundsmen must be keeping those places well hunted. Nice job cleaning up your leavings though, and those are some neat finds even if they're not silver & gold.

CTX-3030, F2, F44, GPP, XP. Since 01/2014. 2892 Clad Coins, 14 Silver Coins, 1 War Nickel, 1 Buff, 56 Wheats, 2 Foreign Coins. Oldest: 1879 Morgan, 1909 Wheat, 2 Sterling Rings, 1 Gold Ring, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Old 09-17-2017, 12:55 AM
Supporter

It looks like you are cleaning out the site real good...and it only makes you better for hunting the next site.

Oldest coin: 1760 Colonial Half Penny

Old 09-17-2017, 02:37 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Bagelbites View post
Nothing special here. When I first got my AT Pro, about 9 months ago, one of the first places I hit was a little elementary school that hosts soccer games on the weekends. At that time, I found some clad and a little gold-plated pendant (no value). Now that I'm a bit more confident, I decided to go check it out again.

I really worked today. I took my time and covered about 40% of the ground that I rushed through when I first started. I dug the items shown, a TON of trash, and $5.48 in clad. Someone is hitting this place- I didn't find a single quarter. Honestly, I would give up all of those crisp quarter signals, if they will leave me those crisp mid-tone signals, which they did.

Nothing valuable, everything is junk. 5 rings, 1 earring, 8 necklace pendants, 1 bracelet, 2 dog tags, 1 "good dog blessing ring", a bunch of keys and other odds and ends.

Will go back next weekend and clean up the stuff I missed when I was a REAL newbie. A couple years from now, I'll go back and clean up the stuff that I missed when I was a regular newbie
NOW you're figuring it out. I'm never worried about a park that has all that kind of stuff, and no quarters. It just means if there's gold, it's there for me to find it.

Good job!

Skippy

Old 09-17-2017, 03:12 AM
Elite Member

Wow, that's a lot jewellery! And if there's junk jewellery, then there might also be valuable jewellery!

Detectors: CTX 3030, X-Terra70, Pro-Find 25
Oldest Coin: 1877 English Penny
2017 totals: $1203.06AUD (443x$2, 204x$1, 60x50c, 180x20c, 263x10c, 354x5c, 87x2c, 132x1c) and 56 foreign, collectable or older Australian/English (pre-decimal) coins.