• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CTX 3030 - No Audio

sandgroper

Elite Member
I went out for a hunt at the beach today, and towards the end of my hunt my CTX suddenly stopped making sounds (I'm not using headphones nor WM module). I can still see the numbers and it responds to targets, there's just no audio. Not sure why it did this, but I was pretty frustrated and a little worried too.

Got home, audio is still not working so I think maybe water got into it (I don't know how this is possible because I wasn't in the water, although it did rain, but isn't this machine waterproof to 10ft anyway??). I try my headphones on my detector and they seem to work fine. Haven't tried the WM.

So I have a look inside the battery compartment and it's dry. I then open up the compartment above the battery and that's dry too.

I turn the detector on again, and voila, I hear the start up tone! I then try a coin, nothing. I see the reading on the screen, 12:07, but there's no audio. I turn the detector off, and then on again, I hear the tone, but just before I can test the coin, the detector turns itself off. :?: Then I turn the detector on again, I hear the start up tone, I test the coin, everything seems to be working fine. I leave the detector running for a few more minutes testing the coin every now and then and it seems to work fine.

My question, what do you think has caused this? Is there a problem with the detector, and if so, what can I do about it?

Not 100% sure on the problem? But ive ran mine with no phones, CTX yellows and various others and I found I was missing hearing important stuff until I started using the sunray pro golds headphones. My sunrays just finally bit the dust and I tried hunting the beach without headphones and realized how bad that sux and went home. Just got another pair of sunrays. Headphones like the Grey ghosts also use audiosears speakers but the only way it shuts the external speaker off is if you use the wireless module. Pro golds you just put both toggles in the down position. Has to be the red knob pro golds though. Not sure I helped you? But just a little 411.

You can try this.
Do a detector reset.

Try and run detector with the little box above battery removed.
And see how it does.

Connect and reconnect all cables and try.

You can try this.
Do a detector reset.

Try and run detector with the little box above battery removed.
And see how it does.

Connect and reconnect all cables and try.

I'll do a reset tomorrow (It's currently night over here in Aus so I'd rather do it in the day) and let you know of the results.

Back
Top Bottom