Say Hello To My Little Friend

serchn4chedr

Elite Member
Made a sawed off detector today. I'm heading to Mexico for a little r&r and I only take a carry on when I go. Talked to TSA and it "should" be ok to take a detector in a carry on. They said the gate agent has the final say. Ok I ask what would be the problem the shafts or electronics, they said shaft. I got the ok to bring a small screwdriver to disassemble and save the electronics and toss the shaft if need be. Great, Im taking my cheapo BH instead of the At Pro cuz i plan on more cervesa than detecting and if i loose it or it breaks its no biggy. So I got the detector disassembled and the pieces are 5 inches to long to fit in carry on. I decided to strategically chop down my BH Tracker IV to fit in my carry on and there is just length left to work comfortably.

Attachments

• 20160303_133443.jpg
    20160303_133443.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 722
  • 20160303_142407.jpg
    20160303_142407.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 693
  • 20160303_133538.jpg
    20160303_133538.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 732
  • 20160303_142013.jpg
    20160303_142013.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 698
Good luck if they give you a problem ,be sure to let us know . I'm deciding weather to take mine on vacation . Don't want a hassle at the airport .
HH

Traveled several times with my detectors. Put the shafts in checked bag, and the spendy bits in carry on. No problems.

You can use a wooden broom handle also as it the same size as the shaft.

I have made a few mods with my old BH and though a wooden shaft might give it more depth. PVC would work also. I would take the AT Pro lol. Good Luck, happy hunting.

I have made a few mods with my old BH and though a wooden shaft might give it more depth. PVC would work also. I would take the AT Pro lol. Good Luck, happy hunting.

I would take the AT Pro if I was checking a bag. Dont really want to chop my ATP up for a few hours of detecting I may get in. Hopefully Ill find a few pesos at least, but you never know maybe a nice ring to bring back.

I have made a few friends in Mexico.

I would take the AT Pro if I was checking a bag. Dont really want to chop my ATP up for a few hours of detecting I may get in. Hopefully Ill find a few pesos at least, but you never know maybe a nice ring to bring back.

I would love to go but have been discouraged due to what I am hearing about travel in Mexico. There is plenty to be found, good luck, have a drink for me.

Well made it through both USA and Mexican TSA security points with the sawed off Bounty Hunter including the shafts in my carry on bag. Never even had to open the bag. As far as the beach hunting went I only hunted for a couple hours total and pulled a bunch pop tabs a few pennies and dimes, a few pesos, and 1 what I assume is silver part to an earing or necklace pendant.

Took my Sand Shark to Costa Rica in November. Packed everything in my suitcase after asking everybody for permission. No problem..

We were on a bus tour and we were to spend a day at a beach resort which was why I took it. Well we arrived at sunset and I wanted to hit the beach and my wife wanted dinner and a show so we "agreed" I'd have one hour of a night hunt. Took 20 minutes to find the beach. ( total darkness, I had a small headlamp and there were pools and landscaping blocking the way) so I had really a 20 minute hunt once I found the beach. Happily after 5 minutes I found a beautiful 14K white gold man's band with 9 diamonds that I now wear.

Really glad I took the SS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 426
Back
Top Bottom