I'm still a newbie...went back to a place I hit when I was a REAL newbie

Bagelbites

Forum Supporter
Nothing special here. When I first got my AT Pro, about 9 months ago, one of the first places I hit was a little elementary school that hosts soccer games on the weekends. At that time, I found some clad and a little gold-plated pendant (no value). Now that I'm a bit more confident, I decided to go check it out again.

I really worked today. I took my time and covered about 40% of the ground that I rushed through when I first started. I dug the items shown, a TON of trash, and $5.48 in clad. Someone is hitting this place- I didn't find a single quarter. Honestly, I would give up all of those crisp quarter signals, if they will leave me those crisp mid-tone signals, which they did.

Nothing valuable, everything is junk. 5 rings, 1 earring, 8 necklace pendants, 1 bracelet, 2 dog tags, 1 "good dog blessing ring", a bunch of keys and other odds and ends.

Will go back next weekend and clean up the stuff I missed when I was a REAL newbie. A couple years from now, I'll go back and clean up the stuff that I missed when I was a regular newbie :)

Attachments

• 20170916_131802.jpg
    20170916_131802.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 196
I enjoy digging that sort of stuff just as much or more than clad. You sure did slow down the way it appears and overlap those sweeps. Congratulations on the fun finds.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

It's a lot of fun going back and seeing what you missed when you first started. That school sounds like most of my sites, no quarters. I have several ball fields I check on a routine basis and never find quarters (or much of anything else) at them so I figure one of the groundsmen must be keeping those places well hunted. Nice job cleaning up your leavings though, and those are some neat finds even if they're not silver & gold. :yes:

Nothing special here. When I first got my AT Pro, about 9 months ago, one of the first places I hit was a little elementary school that hosts soccer games on the weekends. At that time, I found some clad and a little gold-plated pendant (no value). Now that I'm a bit more confident, I decided to go check it out again.

I really worked today. I took my time and covered about 40% of the ground that I rushed through when I first started. I dug the items shown, a TON of trash, and $5.48 in clad. Someone is hitting this place- I didn't find a single quarter. Honestly, I would give up all of those crisp quarter signals, if they will leave me those crisp mid-tone signals, which they did.

Nothing valuable, everything is junk. 5 rings, 1 earring, 8 necklace pendants, 1 bracelet, 2 dog tags, 1 "good dog blessing ring", a bunch of keys and other odds and ends.

Will go back next weekend and clean up the stuff I missed when I was a REAL newbie. A couple years from now, I'll go back and clean up the stuff that I missed when I was a regular newbie :)

NOW you're figuring it out. I'm never worried about a park that has all that kind of stuff, and no quarters. It just means if there's gold, it's there for me to find it.

Good job!

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom