Right place, Right Time...

robby4570

Elite Member
Well, got out for 5 hours to water hunt with Jimmy Mac today. Found some earrings, tons of sunglasses, lots of clad... mostly quarters... and got to do a recovery of a lost wedding ring. Nice couple, they approached me on my return leg and asked if I had found a white gold wedding ring. Turned out that he had lost it after I had passed through on my outbound leg. So I told them my hunting buddy ( Jimmy Mac ) and I would see if we could find it. The husband said he lost it in a 20 x 50 foot area so Jim started inshore and I went out to the sandbar to work a grid inward. Well.... as soon as I made my first pass with my coil, I get a nice strong signal on the Surf PI and 4 inches of sand later, I had the ring! The pictures tell the rest of the story, but I got an email from the owner with the nicest compliment, he said "for an hour, our vacation was ruined but you saved it for us".

Aw shucks, I'm just glad we were there and could help out. It really made my day memorable!

20150709_155500.jpg

20150709_155519-1.jpg

Fantastic to be in the right place at the right time, to have the right equipment and the heart to do a return! APPLAUSE :)

Back
Top Bottom