Western New York Area ???

wildwelder

Hi there from W.N.Y. I've been detecting for about 10 yrs. now... Starting to get into some water hunting for the first time this coming season as I just got a AT- Pro still learning this machine and some Privy searching don't know anyone else that does this type of thing, so if your out there drop in and say Hello....

Hi there from W.N.Y. I've been detecting for about 10 yrs. now... Starting to get into some water hunting for the first time this coming season as I just got a AT- Pro still learning this machine and some Privy searching don't know anyone else that does this type of thing, so if your out there drop in and say Hello....

Hi and welcome got a bunch from are area feel free to drop a pm were always out hunting I to swing with the pro and soon a minelab but will never get rid of my atp good luck out there !

Western N.Y.

Hi and welcome got a bunch from are area feel free to drop a pm were always out hunting I to swing with the pro and soon a minelab but will never get rid of my atp good luck out there !

Hello there , Skeeterbait so glad to hear from someone... It would be great to hook up sometime ... the snow is almost gone. till I figure out how to pm ... I can only hope you catch this message. Where are you from and where do you and the other people go I'm open as I travel to 4-5 counties around Erie Co. and I am from Springville area and now live in South Bflo. If your up to it give me a call ( 716 ) 560-3612 if I don't answer leave a message and I'll return your call asap

Hey, Im in Buffalo, always looking for a partner in crime. I detect Caz way too much, But have pulled some good digs out there. PM me if you want to detect sometime. Your PM options are off so I can't send you my number.
-Bill

Hey I am also from Western NY, and I mainly hunt land sites, but every once in a while I try my luck on the beach. I don't search privys, however I do dig bottledumps, and collect old bottles. If you are looking to get out for a hunt, with another detectorist or bottle hunter, give me a message.

Im in Tonawanda looking to get out asap.Always up for for somebody to come along. I also have a ATpro and starting to get into the water around here also.Id even be interested in getting out Tues morning seeing how the temp is going to be in the 60's i hear.

Beach & Bottle's

Hey I am also from Western NY, and I mainly hunt land sites, but every once in a while I try my luck on the beach. I don't search privys, however I do dig bottledumps, and collect old bottles. If you are looking to get out for a hunt, with another detectorist or bottle hunter, give me a message.

Hey HistoryFinder89 , where about in WNY do you live? And yes it wont be much longer till the ice on the beach's will be gone have you tried any creek's yet ? what type of land sites are you referring to?

AT-Pro

Im in Tonawanda looking to get out asap.Always up for for somebody to come along. I also have a ATpro and starting to get into the water around here also.Id even be interested in getting out Tues morning seeing how the temp is going to be in the 60's i hear.

Hello Chriszyyyz , I'm in South Buffalo , originally from Springville...How long have you had your AT-Pro ? I just got mine in November 2013 haven't even had a chance to use it yet... ( Lol ) But can't wait to. Sorry didn't get your message till late Tue. evening ... The beach I've hunted in the past w/o a water machine is in Angola area , and there are a couple creeks not far from here when the water gets a bit lower that may be very promising . where do you usually go ???

Welcome to the forum! I was just in Springville over the weekend.

Ok..... And..... So what took you out that way ?? Do you know people out in that neck of the wood's ? Where you detecting ? I now live in South Buffalo area, and still get out that way often... Where about in WNY do you live ? How long have you been detecting? What type of hunting are you into ?? Like beach or parks, homes , etc. Do you belong to ant detecting clubs , I belong to Niagara Frontier Relic Hunters ....

Please try again...

Hey, Im in Buffalo, always looking for a partner in crime. I detect Caz way too much, But have pulled some good digs out there. PM me if you want to detect sometime. Your PM options are off so I can't send you my number.
-Bill

Sorry about that ... I think I have it on now , try it again ... Ya I'm like 5-10 min's from Caz Park ... So like what areas have you had luck in over there ???Hoping you were joken about the partner in crime statement , As I am not into any "CRIMES" You will have to find someone else !!!

Ok..... And..... So what took you out that way ?? Do you know people out in that neck of the wood's ? Where you detecting ? I now live in South Buffalo area, and still get out that way often... Where about in WNY do you live ? How long have you been detecting? What type of hunting are you into ?? Like beach or parks, homes , etc. Do you belong to ant detecting clubs , I belong to Niagara Frontier Relic Hunters ....

I went there to stay at a friends cabin and got pretty wasted. Woke up to a foot of snow so I didn't do any detecting. I live in Niagara Falls but I spend most of my time in Newfane at the moment. This is my 3rd season detecting and I swing a Fisher F2. I'm a relic hunter and I only hunt land for the time being. Don't belong to a detecting club. I'm currently detecting a property in Newfane that has been here since the Civil War. Heading back to Springville in a few weeks to do some drinking and detecting. The familys last name who owns the cabin and lots of other property in Springville is Gentner. Maybe you know them?

Sorry about that ... I think I have it on now , try it again ... Ya I'm like 5-10 min's from Caz Park ... So like what areas have you had luck in over there ???Hoping you were joken about the partner in crime statement , As I am not into any "CRIMES" You will have to find someone else !!!

No Crimes LOL, Just diggin!;)

Springville

I went there to stay at a friends cabin and got pretty wasted. Woke up to a foot of snow so I didn't do any detecting. I live in Niagara Falls but I spend most of my time in Newfane at the moment. This is my 3rd season detecting and I swing a Fisher F2. I'm a relic hunter and I only hunt land for the time being. Don't belong to a detecting club. I'm currently detecting a property in Newfane that has been here since the Civil War. Heading back to Springville in a few weeks to do some drinking and detecting. The familys last name who owns the cabin and lots of other property in Springville is Gentner. Maybe you know them?

Yes, I think the snow can stop any time now I've had about enough, as I'm sure most of us have... Lol... I can't say I know anyone that has any type of Fisher, although I've herd of the Fisher Gold Bug ( I think that's what it was ) a Gold machine ,Actually I thought they only made a gold machine... ( my bad) does your F2 have a concentric coil or a double D ?? And what else could you tell me about it ? How do you like it ? Do you have more than 1 coil for it ? How long have you been hunting this civil war site ? What type of things have you found, what ever you do don't give up on it to soon ... I've been to places that were supposedly "hunted out" but were not... (example: a flying eagle penny) The Gentner's yes I do know a couple of them , the Gentner family that owns the Springville Auction on Main St..... Patty who is married to a good friend of mine by the last name of Jackson, and Elaine....

Worlds crappiest pin pointer ??????????

No Crimes LOL, Just diggin!;)

Worlds crappiest pin pointer... ????? And just witch one might that be , so we all can stay away from it.... I see you have the AT-Pro , how do you like it and how long have you been swinging it ?? What type of settings have you found most successful around our area ?? please share as I just got into one this winter and haven't used it yet ...Have you done any water hunting with it ??

Bounty hunter PP. Absolute garbage. Just upgraded to the ATP from the Ace 250, first year with it, no water hunts yet, soon though. Running Pro Zero, iron descrim @ 35.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Yes, I think the snow can stop any time now I've had about enough, as I'm sure most of us have... Lol... I can't say I know anyone that has any type of Fisher, although I've herd of the Fisher Gold Bug ( I think that's what it was ) a Gold machine ,Actually I thought they only made a gold machine... ( my bad) does your F2 have a concentric coil or a double D ?? And what else could you tell me about it ? How do you like it ? Do you have more than 1 coil for it ? How long have you been hunting this civil war site ? What type of things have you found, what ever you do don't give up on it to soon ... I've been to places that were supposedly "hunted out" but were not... (example: a flying eagle penny) The Gentner's yes I do know a couple of them , the Gentner family that owns the Springville Auction on Main St..... Patty who is married to a good friend of mine by the last name of Jackson, and Elaine....

My fisher F2 has 3 coils, sniper, 8", and 10". It's pretty amazing at allowing me to pick good signals out of iron infested areas. Only been out on this property about 5 times or so and today I found my first silver for the year(64 Rosie). Also found 2 crotal bells today, one with the sniper coil and the other while I was digging in the bottle dump in the woods (seems to be iron). Batteries died in my detector today so I'll be back out in the woods tomorrow digging in the dump for some more goodies. Pretty sure we are talking about the same Gentners then. I was in the round house and it was pretty sweet. My buddys grandmother has this amazing light in her dining room made out of a wagon wheel hanging from the ceiling and I got to hang out with Max the mastiff. As far as no place is ever hunted out, you are correct. I never give up on a location, but I like to bounce around. I've got a few nice spots that have produced a lot. Gonna be hitting a location I secured near Fort Niagara soon. Looking forward to that one!!

BB Pin pointer...

Bounty hunter PP. Absolute garbage. Just upgraded to the ATP from the Ace 250, first year with it, no water hunts yet, soon though. Running Pro Zero, iron descrim @ 35.

Thanks for the heads up on the BB PP ... When I bought my AT-Pro I also got the Garrett Pro pointer , not sure about either as I got them in Nov./Dec. and haven't had a chance to get out yet but I can say from my experience a pin-pointer saves a ton of time, I have a sun-ray on my minlab it has paid for it self. Just a FYI if you care to try... Over at Caz I'm thinking that creek may have some promise with all the bed rock and as shallow as it gets in the summer ... Ya never know... I'll be trying when I can get out... By chance do you have the smaller 5*8 coil ??

Can't afford a 5x8, gonna master the stock one, then I won't need s small one :)

Can't afford a 5x8, gonna master the stock one, then I won't need s small one :)

That 5x8 on the pro is awesome in trashed parks I picked out alot more when I slowed down i dont know if it was the changed coil.or slowing down but either way I think it makes a difference in trashed areas

Back
Top Bottom