Mineralization

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
What effects if any does mineralization have on dry vs. wet soil ? Does it increase, decrease or macht nicht ? Swinging the etrac now, and an ATPro last year I noticed numbers hit higher in very dry soil which we have here in Sw Pa. right now. At first the signal reads 86-87 and continue to swing it drops to 77 78 or lower on the ATPro. O n the etrac coming in a 1245-1346 or 7-48 but the only thing in the hole is a memorial penny. Also the last dozen or so hunts the etrac has been nulling out for long periods / large areas only to have the threshold come back if I don't swing at all. I'm talking turning sensitivity down to three and it still will not hold a threshold if moving. This is with the stock coil or the Coiltek 6in. Treasureseeker. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the machine. Any thoughts ? Thanks Mark

What effects if any does mineralization have on dry vs. wet soil ? Does it increase, decrease or macht nicht ? Swinging the etrac now, and an ATPro last year I noticed numbers hit higher in very dry soil which we have here in Sw Pa. right now. At first the signal reads 86-87 and continue to swing it drops to 77 78 or lower on the ATPro. O n the etrac coming in a 1245-1346 or 7-48 but the only thing in the hole is a memorial penny. Also the last dozen or so hunts the etrac has been nulling out for long periods / large areas only to have the threshold come back if I don't swing at all. I'm talking turning sensitivity down to three and it still will not hold a threshold if moving. This is with the stock coil or the Coiltek 6in. Treasureseeker. I'm starting to think there is something wrong with the machine. Any thoughts ? Thanks Mark

Put the stock coil on the Etrac.
Open up the screen all the way, find you a clean pretty big patch of ground.
Select ground difficult .
Listen to Etrac and see if threshold holds and no tones provided on anything ferrous or nonferrous.
Auto plus three sens,,and continue to sweep and see what sens reading goes to.
If in the mid to upper 20s not huge amounts of mineralization.
Next, go to factory coins program or a program that has at least the 25-35 or 27-35 ferrous blackened in and sweep around in your clean patch.
See if thresholds holds on.
If not,,,your detector is not right.

Thank you

Listen to Etrac and see if threshold holds and no tones provided on anything ferrous or nonferrous.
Next, go to factory coins program or a program that has at least the 25-35 or 27-35 ferrous blackened in and sweep around in your clean patch.
Will give it a try, let you know and again thanks. Mark

David...can you elaborate please? Mineralization in the mid 20,s should not be disced out is what you are saying in A+3? Could the machine null in Manual 25 with the same mineral content?

David...can you elaborate please? Mineralization in the mid 20,s should not be disced out is what you are saying in A+3? Could the machine null in Manual 25 with the same mineral content?

Maybe I confused folks here.

If Etrac tracks into mid and higher 20s sens wise,,,ground not horribly bad.
If lower minerals are amping up.

Auto plus 3 Etrac should run stable with threshold,,with slow coil sweep.
Now every now and then it could lose threshold, but over clean ground this shouldn't be happening very often.

I just mentioned the open screen so the gent would find some clean ground to try to see if threshold would stay in detector.

Maybe I confused folks here.

If Etrac tracks into mid and higher 20s sens wise,,,ground not horribly bad.
If lower minerals are amping up.

Auto plus 3 Etrac should run stable with threshold,,with slow coil sweep.
Now every now and then it could lose threshold, but over clean ground this shouldn't be happening very often.

I just mentioned the open screen so the gent would find some clean ground to try to see if threshold would stay in detector.

Ok I understand now what you are saying. Thanks for the clarification!:grin:

Mineralization could be divided into 3 types:
1) ferritemineralization (stable phase and strong ground signal)
2) "salty" mineralization (conductive grounds). Salts produce ortoganal signals to ground signal
3) Mixed mineralization (ferrite + salty mineralization

1) Could be suppressed by large low frequency coils
2) Could be suppressed by smaller coils with GBing over ferrite in worse cases. Dropping sensitivity down is a must
3) Could be hardly supressed by low frequency coils with lots of sensitivity dropped down

Back
Top Bottom