Great day in the water, broke that gold slump!!

my_08vette

Elite Member
After being smoking hot earlier in Nov and finding 4 Gold rings in 7 hunts I have been in a small slump. I broke out of it in a big way today. I was hunting in waist deep water and got a solid 18 on the Nox. One deep shovel and had this gem in the bottom of the scoop. 14K 10.8 gram honker. I looked up the makers mark and it is a “Fredrick Goldman” trademark, the ring is 2 tone gold. Also had a spectator during the hunt which was super cool!! (see a Bald Eagle in Pic)

Attachments

• E8E49EB3-ED33-4676-90AB-A0559AC74F51.jpeg
    E8E49EB3-ED33-4676-90AB-A0559AC74F51.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 714
  • C95FE765-CBCF-475B-9774-4C74E9F89201.jpeg
    C95FE765-CBCF-475B-9774-4C74E9F89201.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 695
  • B329ABA6-7EFB-46A3-92AD-CB5C2754677A.jpeg
    B329ABA6-7EFB-46A3-92AD-CB5C2754677A.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 745
  • C6D3B10C-5FF2-43AA-825A-7D678C93685B.jpeg
    C6D3B10C-5FF2-43AA-825A-7D678C93685B.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 722
Nice score and pic of the eagle. We have an Eagle nest about 300 yds from our home. Always cool to see them leave the nest and snatch a fish or snake from the lake. :D

:dingding: Congrats on a solid piece of gold! I am hoping for just one more gold before 2019 ends.

Attachments

• HonkHonk.jpg
    HonkHonk.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 646
Very nice find Felix. The Eagle photo is really nice. Good luck on the next ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call it more CRUSHED the Gold slump..Big Honker!! WOW!

Nice score and pic of the eagle. We have an Eagle nest about 300 yds from our home. Always cool to see them leave the nest and snatch a fish or snake from the lake. :D

:dingding: Congrats on a solid piece of gold! I am hoping for just one more gold before 2019 ends.

Very nice find Felix. The Eagle photo is really nice. Good luck on the next ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call it more CRUSHED the Gold slump..Big Honker!! WOW!

Me to Felix..dislike finishing with uneven numbers.. :(

Stunning ring and always cool to see a bald eagle. Congrats!

Great pictures.

Thanks everyone, it was a great day!!

That's a great ring you found. I remember when a "honker" was 15gr and up. Now , people are calling over 10gr a honker. I wonder when the 5 gram honker will go into effect...lol...

The gold band is a great find! :clapping: Thanks for including the eagle photograph - that's a neat picture & a nice display of God's majestic creation! Though I'm blessed to have had frequent eagle sightings in my area, I don't recall ever having the chance to photograph one. Way to go!

That's a great ring you found. I remember when a "honker" was 15gr and up. Now , people are calling over 10gr a honker. I wonder when the 5 gram honker will go into effect...lol...
Yeah, that was brought up when we had a "honker discussion" probably over a year ago. I guess any ring over 15 gr can now be a "super honker"? With all fake stuff and carppy new metals out there it seems that when we find ANY real stuff it's a lucky day.

Haha, well i havent dug many gold rings over that 10G mark so it is a "honker" for me!!

What an awesome find- congrats! Ring in the scoop pictures always inspire me! :yes:

Yea I am the same way, love seeing the prize in the scoop, nothing more exciting while digging

Beauty of a goldy. Congrats
Cheers
Doc
Thanks!!

18 on Nox! Usually junk #.
Nice eagle! I never see those around here.

You know this swimming hole is filled with junk, especially pull tabs so when I get that unusual signal between pull tab and zink i get excited. Normally junk but I have found a couple really nice rings in that range lately

The gold band is a great find! :clapping: Thanks for including the eagle photograph - that's a neat picture & a nice display of God's majestic creation! Though I'm blessed to have had frequent eagle sightings in my area, I don't recall ever having the chance to photograph one. Way to go!

Yea I started walking up to the tree getting as close as i could taking pics along the way and got lucky with that one, really cool moment

WOWZA! Nice yella recovery! Congrats on "evening out" your gold total :lol:

Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom