How do I remove Carbon Fiber handle from my scoop?

A crack?? Take it to a local metal shop/welder. They'll hit it with a flap wheel, clean it with some acetone, and tig it up in less than an hour. If you do the prep work, they'll have about 10 minutes of labor instead. Being stainless, they might just clean it with acetone and weld it up.

If you repair it locally, keep the shaft in. Just pour some water on the shaft so it doesn't catch fire. Done it a few times.

I used PB Blaster then rested the scoop between my large vice without tightening it against the bucket.. I then went thru the holes in the scoop over the plug with a steel rod I use to push out bearings on my landscaping equipment and was able to tap it out in a few minutes... I really don't want to get into trying to repair the handle... I think it will be too short water hunting...

Where you see the wear on the CF shaft was where my boot rubbed through one of the oval holes in the 720i's tube. Why the fibers to the right exploded beyond me...
so I do not make oval holes in the pipe of scoop ;)

who made your handle ?
i paid $250.00 for mine and it has a wooden dowl
never any trouble

If you are talking to me it came with my 720i scoop when I purchased it from Chuck... I also have a wooden dowel in my other CF handle and the wood has cracked right on the edge of the CF making it impossible to repair in my opinion... I would have to drill it out and I don't think that would be any fun... my scoops get used as I only beach hunt during the colder months..

Back
Top Bottom