Hello from St Augustine, FL

gregoryh2os

I am new to the forum. I live in St Augustine, FL only a couple hours north of the Treasure Coast. I have been detecting for about 50 years. I have had detectors that would barely detect a Sherman tank to the latest Garrett AT Max, with my sights on the CTX 3030. I have found tons of coins and relics but have never had any luck on the beach (luck= I spent no time and didn't know what I was doing). I look forward to sharing stories and learning from you guys.

Greg

Welcome! 50 years behind the coil! We would like to hear about some of your memorable hunts and finds! We also like pictures!

Welcome from SW WI.

50 years wow. please share some of your experiences. So don't take this the wrong way, but with that much experience I'm thinking you might be in your 60's or later, and some people due to years of work feel the CTX is a bit tough for a full day hunt. I'm 51 and I can feel it after about 8 hours and when I use the 11x17 a sling is a must. While its balanced nice, and it would be more than durable enough for swinging in the water, but heavy.

I just though this might be something to consider before you lay out the dough.

No disrespect intended

Back
Top Bottom