Silvers #4 & #5 today

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
Found silvers 4 & 5 at a school today.

The '44 Merc dime was about 7-8" down. And in the process of digging it out, I not only scratched it once, nor twice but three times! Thank goodness it is a common date dime.

The '46 Rosie dime was about 5" down.

For the most part it was like a nickel and dime kind of a day.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. HH.

Attachments

• Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 001.jpg
    Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 002.jpg
    Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 002.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 189
  • Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 003.jpg
    Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 003.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 004.jpg
    Coins Silver 4&5 01062019 004.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 181
Another very nice outing John. You stay on this pace you will pass my mark before Thanksgiving. I don't think I will ever catch you in the clad count though. Congrats! Trapper

Thank you!

Nice JAK! You got others who hunt with you out there?

Thanks IDXMonster! I kind of feel like I have dialed in my machine setting to hit more finds. Up until very recently, I would occasional go detecting with another member, but unfortunately he now has gotten injured and another member has moved away. So for the time, I am hunting lone ranger style. I always welcome company.

Another very nice outing John. You stay on this pace you will pass my mark before Thanksgiving. I don't think I will ever catch you in the clad count though. Congrats! Trapper

Thanks Trapper! I don't know about the silver finds thing, but as of late, finding five silvers in three hunt days, is a success for me. If I can't find the silver, I will just continue scavenging for the Clad. Thanks again for you kind words!

Congrats on the awesome digs. Hoping to get out and get past 2 on Sunday now that the Ravens are one and done.:laughing:

Thank you!

Nice job man!

Thanks Tom! Two silvers in one day is a lot for me.

Congrats JAK!!!

Thanks Lil Worm6! So far 2019 is treating me well.

Congrats on the awesome digs. Hoping to get out and get past 2 on Sunday now that the Ravens are one and done.:laughing:

Thanks mdtrapper! I went out today, but no silver. But as for Sunday....Go Eagles!

I like em JAK .
And wow that's a pile of targets recovered.
,Dew

Thanks Dew! My motto is All Targets are Welcomed! lol

Congrats on the Merc, Rosie and a fine hunt...nice digging!

Thanks Captain! Isn't something, we can hit the same places over and over again, then one extra time we find the silvers.

Thank you!

I see a LOT of nickels and dimes there! Quarters too! Toss in those silver dimes, and the rest, and I call that a great day!

Thanks Foragist! And the location I was at, in the past I had seen another guy hunt it too. But I know that does not mean anything. The ground conditions were right that day and I had some good luck on my side too.

Congrats on some nice finds!

Thanks sataro! Those silvers were a bit deep too. For some reason it just feels more satisfying when those silver recoveries are a deeper.

Thank you!

I see a LOT of nickels and dimes there! Quarters too! Toss in those silver dimes, and the rest, and I call that a great day!

Thanks Foragist! Many of all those nickels and dimes were in the deep, like 5"+. Most the top layer has been cleaned already. The NOX loves those nicks and especially the dimes.

Congrats on some nice finds!

Thanks sataro! With this freezing weather I have not been hunting lately. But I may make a break for it tomorrow and a least squeeze in a short hunt.

Thank you!

Congrats on those silvers!

Thanks twizzlerlord! I was really happy to find them too.

Nice digging! Congrats on the silvers and a fine clad haul too!

Thanks Ron! I was hoping with all that clad that there be some silver too...and sure enough a couple come back to life.

Hey you were just showing it who was boss!

Congrats on the super hunting!

Thanks GroundSweeper! If the ground is not too frozen tomorrow, I might be back at it again. I am getting withdraws staying inside without digging.

Back
Top Bottom