• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ocean City, MD and Equinox 800

volksbeetle28

Every year I go to O.C. Maryland multiple times in the summer. Usually go in May or June for a couple days, a week in July and a week in September. I always bring my Fisher coinstrike and hunt the wet and dry sand. It does false but I'm able turn the sensitivity down to where it's manageable. I actually used to rent a fisher 1280 from a place in Fenwick so I could get in the water.

Now I'm looking at getting a waterproof beach machine. Are there any Ocean City hunters using the Equinox 800? How does it handle the wet sand and in the water? I feel like this would be a good choice since I could also use it back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes

It does a fine job at the beach, the beaches are sanded in here now, with replenishment sand, no depositors waiting on June , July , August , as far as the water, ML has not released any accessories, with no swimmers here yet, not wasting time, i have beach hunted 3 times , all three with the 800, but it was basically let the dog swim days, dry sand under a buck, it's dead here now, happy hunting , Earl

The Fisher 1280X is a single frequency machine. Did it cause you a lot of problems? A good machine for fresh water but I didn't think it would work well in salt water.

Obn

:laughing: BS The hot spots are both side's of the Chesapeake bay , Jet ski required for access , ps Make sure you get a fast one , cause OBN moded his to keep up :shock::police::pirates::secret: OBN drawing attention here bro., while you clean the Gold in the bays :roll: NO ONE here hunting the water , the beaches are empty , no prime so called conditions here :laughing:, why haven't you posted your Bay find's ? NO find's this year :lol: Nothing posted year end last, there is a reason for it, Your on fire --in those old swim holes , but according to Facebook your in Ocean City cleaning up, but you tell me you only found 15 gold in 2 season's here , the big ? is finally answered here, pirates jet ski up, he asked for it :yes: go get him :shock::realitycheck::nono::police::bowdown::crackup::clap::snapoutofit::waytogo::realitycheck: PS :laughing: 30th street down, no replenishment :laughing:that's because - Bull Dozar's has been fixing up all the beaches along the board walk moving sand , they are even laying concrete , how do i know, i was hunting inside of the marker's , they have a two foot plastic up with stakes from the peer up. VB28 come on down - its so hot, ideal conditions :roll: listen to STAY PUFF and give me the report when you get back :laughing:, happy hunting. Hey Joe i met a chic down here with a bounty hunter , here name was Karma she got skunked , and she's looking for a guy called OBN :shock::yes: :oldguy::police: PS You got a report from a guy who lives down here :shock: But your location top right is OC MD :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: GOOD JOB BRO. your the best :sneaking::oops::popcorn2:

Last edited:
Lol joe

Just another ploy to draw hunter's this way, when your cleaning out those old swimming holes on the Chesapeake Bay :jawdrop::lookclose::worms::realitycheck::facepalm: Happy Easter :D Water temp 40 degree's, NO depositor's swimming , i don't see any hard core hunter's in the Ocean before the season , if you think we are smoking some good s---- down here to think you can BS everyone in to thinking otherwise your sadly mistaken :nono::police: All though i did find 1 gold here in November years ago- when it was down to the hard pan, that is just not the case :roll:

Last edited:
Confession OBN

Tell them you only found less that 1/8 of the 400 gold Plat- here at the beaches, the rest in the Chesapeake Bay, than i will remain silent , confession is only about the truth :realitycheck::sorry: PS why don't you post your find's here , something wrong with Friendly ? Other forums are better, i see you post big time on Findmall :roll: :no: Friendly is the best, now i am hurt bro., U put the nail in the coffin :stormy: NOT SHARING HERE ? Location listed in OC MD :laughing: CMON TIM :shock: you might want to tell the forum your correct first name to . :nono: Your a true pirate for sure bro., i compare you with Black Beard himself resurrected :pirate: :sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::sneaking::hide:

Last edited:
Don't

Think so bro, i will be sweeping the beaches clean along with all the locals, just like all the locals sweep the treasure coast, not living here will cost you to stay, ill save you some scrap, on your vacations to the beaches of the East Coast, bro., that's the least i can do for you,4 a bro., that's going to spend 1200 just for logging, do you like bottle caps , or pull tab's howboutit Tim :?::?::?::?::p:laughing: Delaware bay :laughing: you can't get away from your ball , and chain on the Western Shore, you know it's dead down here, but yet you BS and say it's prime time, :laughing: prime time for Ocean Tuna :lol: Pretty soon you will be able to use your nose for a scoop :police::thumbsup:

Hey, thanks for the input everyone. I think I am going to grab an Equinox. To anwser that question about the 1280, it ran stable. It went deep too.I remember digging for 15 minutes for one of the ginormous mid 2000s cell phones.

I was hoping to get down there this coming weekend for a quick getaway, but I think I'm going to be stuck working on my car instead. I'll definitely get down there in May, hopefully weather warms up by then. Maryland has bipolar weather. Can't wait until my week long July trip. Going from the 21st to 28th and will be staying on 17th st.

Hey, thanks for the input everyone. I think I am going to grab an Equinox. To anwser that question about the 1280, it ran stable. It went deep too.I remember digging for 15 minutes for one of the ginormous mid 2000s cell phones.

I was hoping to get down there this coming weekend for a quick getaway, but I think I'm going to be stuck working on my car instead. I'll definitely get down there in May, hopefully weather warms up by then. Maryland has bipolar weather. Can't wait until my week long July trip. Going from the 21st to 28th and will be staying on 17th st.

Yes the 1280X is a deep machine. I used one for years before I went to the CZ-20's and 21's. I just didn't think it would work good in salt water. Thanks for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom