Forum member tips and tricks from this morning pays off this afternoon 👍

Dewsweeper894

Elite Member
This morning I layed around lookin for inspiration and the members here did not disappoint . Inspiring new hunters happy to post modest 2018 wrap ups reminding me why we actually enjoy the hobbie.
Technically inspiring insight such as calculating soil volume by Idx .
Class ring returns to build good Karma. Mudpuppys panhandling tips to take the pressure off of having to produce wile hunting.
Posts that prove research pays off time after time.
And posts from hunters grinding it out in the frozen tundra fighting the elements just for a chance at a save or two.

Thanks to all of you all I got off the couch and I hit a little pocket of woods not far from home.
Thanks for the support 👍
,Dew

Attachments

• IMG_1860.jpg
    IMG_1860.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 330
Don't get to excited

It is just a 1947 D rosy . I did not know it till I spit on it . But I'm happy to find it.

Attachments

• IMG_1861.jpg
    IMG_1861.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Already your having a very fine year Brad. Congrats on the Rosie and leaving the couch for some exercise. I'm hoping to get out with Mike tomorrow and Tuesday. Trapper

You should have been inspired after that genius ness ness ness....post you concocted! Hmmmmm....SOIL.....VOLUME....MARSHALL.....”This one goes to eleven”......I went out today with the Explorer and found that I didn’t find anything. How’s that for a success story huh? When you go hunting in 28 degree weather to chisel out a keeper...you are one serious hunter! You know that I know exactly how you feel...it MUST be done,no matter HOW crazy it might seem. It truly is an addiction of sorts...sort of.
You are DA MAN!! Congrats on the little silver disc buddy! That had to feel pretty good for JANUARY in WISCONSIN!:grin:

Nice save Dew, you inspire us all, but I have to say with snow on the ground and temps in the 20s I woos 'd out this past weekend. Good luck and HH Mark

Congrats on the silver Rosie Dew!! I'm going to do some night hunts this week in the woods around the house. I hope I can get on some silver out there. My last trip last Feb. scored me a 57' Ben Franklin. Congrats again!!!

Thanks a lot you guys . Great to see all the wrap ups and firsts on the board for 2019. 10 seconds of fame for a Rosie ?
Who da thunk? 😎
Happy hunting .
, Dew

Alright! Theres some January Northern Silver! What a strange year! Used to be we were shut out from the dirt in December....

What I have been doing in the Winter, besides finding open water to crawl into, is to go to a dirt place I've never been but am curious about and have researched... knowing I cant dig anything, but I bag coil and give it a quick sweep anyway, and sort of get an idea of what is there to go back and get in the Spring!...Its the same as Scouting for a big deer before the season!!

It sort of helps a guy get an idea if its worth the effort, dream about what may be in there and not waste any productive time when the dirt finally thaws....These machines can see through ice, even if we cant dig it out today, its.."Money in the Bank!" tomorrow!

Its def better than sitting around in the house, and actually makes a guy schedule a route and really pound the heavy sites very much quickly when the dirt thaws....You dont want to be wasting time scouting when you should be digging...

Back
Top Bottom