So.....What Are You Buying With Your Clad?

John-Edmonton

Elite Member

The annual coin show came to Edmonton today. I had more then enough to buy a silver hammered coin and 1915 gold coin from Austria. My buddy bought the other gold coin. That cost us well over $400.00 for those coins.

Been collecting coins for over 20 years. Some of my better years, I bought more then one. I won one as a door prize once at the coin show and did some trading for another.

The gold coins are going back to the vault at the bank on Monday.

Sweet transmutation of metals... Canadian Copper, Nickel and Steel into GOLD and SILVER! Nice purchases!

I should have that same amount of clad this year, will probably exchange them for more silver coins or perhaps a bit of silver and a nice British Gold Sovereign.

In the past I turned my clad into Silver 1 to 20oz. bars. This year I bought a $5 Gold Coin. It should be in my possession within a weeks time. I'll update with a picture when it arrives.

When KT was actively MDing, He took the clad from the first year's take....a bit over $600 and bought an ATPro and the extra sharpshooter coil! Some take money and buy money, but KT likes consumer goods too! HA HA

Here's what I usually buy :laughing: I don't dig much clad. Not because I don't want to, but because most of the sites I choose to hunt is too old for clad. I do enjoy a nice clad hunt from time to time though. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• coffee.jpg
    coffee.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 399
This year im in the hopes of paying off the new NOX 600 ($650 ) this season. Im currently at around $400 in clad should be able to reach $500 plus the scrap value on 3 gold finds so far and also a Tiffany & Co ring I will sell for around $75...Love a hobby that continues to pay for itself while providing so much enjoyment !

Amazon credit. Clad goes into the Coinstar machine, and comes out as an Amazon gift receipt. From there, it becomes detecting gear, books, or Christmas gifts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn’t find much for class this year as I mostly hit old sites and mostly ignored shallow signals. I guess it will but me a few lunches or possibly go towards bills. Lame, right! I’d much rather have the gold and silver!!

I enjoy dumping the clad at my local credit union and using the cash to look for good deals in cool stackable silver. Here are 2 of the buys!

Attachments

• 20171221_212937_resized_1.jpg
    20171221_212937_resized_1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 371
  • 20181013_143103_resized_1.jpg
    20181013_143103_resized_1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 387
As a dedicated subsistence Hunter, I generally pour my clad hauls back into the gas tank or various daily whatnot to keep me afield.....But every now and then, when I manage to get slightly ahead, due to an amazingly valuable curb set out or paper bill eyefind or a massive can haul...I will transubstantiate....

Attachments

• gold coin.jpg
    gold coin.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 356
  • brad young-1.jpg
    brad young-1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 365
  • may 23-15-1.jpg
    may 23-15-1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 358
  • field of dreams.jpg
    field of dreams.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 357
  • field of dreams-3.jpg
    field of dreams-3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
In the past I turned my clad into Silver 1 to 20oz. bars. This year I bought a $5 Gold Coin. It should be in my possession within a weeks time. I'll update with a picture when it arrives.

Can you post a pick of your 20 oz bar. I bet it really looks cool! I was eyeballing those too at the coin show.

Visited a local coin show a couple of months back. No gold at anywhere close to a decent price so I converted last years clad finds into silver coins.

As a dedicated subsistence Hunter, I generally pour my clad hauls back into the gas tank or various daily whatnot to keep me afield.....But every now and then, when I manage to get slightly ahead, due to an amazingly valuable curb set out or paper bill eyefind or a massive can haul...I will transubstantiate....

So, you go out and eat a sandwich and have a glass of wine? :laughing:

Attachments

• zz.jpg
    zz.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 373
Visited a local coin show a couple of months back. No gold at anywhere close to a decent price so I converted last years clad finds into silver coins.

Gold coins have really gone crazy in price. I budgeted about $150.00 for a coin, but had to up that to $200.00 to actually buy one. I too was considering some silver, but I hated to break tradition.

This year im in the hopes of paying off the new NOX 600 ($650 ) this season. Im currently at around $400 in clad should be able to reach $500 plus the scrap value on 3 gold finds so far and also a Tiffany & Co ring I will sell for around $75...Love a hobby that continues to pay for itself while providing so much enjoyment !

A hobby that pays for itself! Super!

Back
Top Bottom