On the board for October with a double!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Went out last night and hit the low tide wet slopes. Conditions were looking pretty weak, slopes were almost flat. Started doing a lazy grid from mid to bottom slope and was digging deep zincs which is never a good sign. Then about an hour into it, at the bottom slope where there were some stones exposed and scalloping showing I hit a nice 7.5 gram 14k gold band, sounded off as a whisper and was pretty deep. I was almost ready to declare an official skunking before i got that hit. With a nice energy boost from the gold I continued hunting and concentrated mainly on the bottom slope. About 40 mins later I hit another 14k band (3 grams), bottom slope again about 1 scoop deep. Ring is stamped "585" Hallmark is really small, faint and hard to see. And lastly I hit a Triton Tungsten band bottom slope, so looks like the heavies were hanging out at the bottom last night. Decided to hit a few other beaches but was only able to dig up a little clad, $6.28, including 3 1 dollar coins.

Thanks for looking, GL and HH!! :cheers:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 576
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 563
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 560
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 569
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 564
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 525
Nice finds!

I went out like 2 weeks ago and it was crazy bleak. Going to try again tonight, maybe it will be a little better.

Killer double gold, Dave! :shock: :thumbsup: You turned a skunk night into a very memorable one!

Congrats,
Dan

Good way to keep the skunk away
good luck tonight

Attachments

• skunk+pin+yg+platinum+diamonds+rubies_lg.jpg
    skunk+pin+yg+platinum+diamonds+rubies_lg.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 491
Very nice Slim... those two have been rolling around a while out there...

WTG on double yellow Slim :yes:

Thanks 18kRonin! has the shock wore off yet from that 24k whopper?:D

Good way to keep the skunk away
good luck tonight

Thanks Sexton! I managed to avoid the skunk last night, only because once I got to the beach I realized I forgot my control box at home! total knucklehead move!:doah:

Wow! Awesome job in less than awesome conditions. Those bands sure are sweet- congrats!

Thanks Compass! Yea conditions were horrible for the most part, very surprised to find these :yes:

Man that's a cool double there. Love it. Would seriously poop a brick if I ever found 2 golds! :lol:

Congrats!

Thanks GS! hope your underwear is prepared for when you hit double gold someday! :lol:

Awesome hunt Slim....congrats on the double 14k

Thanks Jeff! Hope you hit yellow on your next hunt!
Awesome finds! Congrats!

Thanks Vermonster!

Thanks Beachscanner!

Very nice Slim... those two have been rolling around a while out there...

Thanks Craig! yea that's what I was thinking too when I pulled them out. pretty scratched up from being tossed around. Did a scratch removal and clean-up job on them. The large band fits my ring finger perfect so probably hold on to it.

Attachments

• 20151006_174019.jpg
    20151006_174019.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 363
Back
Top Bottom