Peace To All. Tempers Are Being Tested!

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Everybody take a deep breath! There is still enough treasure out there for all of us no-matter which machine we use.

"Different finds for different minds."

Attachments

• fights.jpg
    fights.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 611
Folks need to check what the word obsolete means.

It doesn't mean older detectors have quit working or folks can't find things with them.

In 20 years all the top end detectors may be multi frequency.
It has advantages, that's all.

May even be something out there called aome thing else besides multi freq.

Bottom line is this.
Nox can detect a lot of targets in a lot of settings.
One coil run one way-multi.

More targets than a lot of other detectors can.

The reason Minelab developed and put inside a metal detector to begin with.
Make sense?

Fbs tech has advantages too over single freq detectors.
And folks have been enjoying these benefits for years.
This advantage is undisputed by folks who are familiar.

A corvette has advantages over a lot of other cars.
But I don't have a need for these advantages, so I don't buy, and I am not interested.
If a corvette owner tries to point out his ride advantages to me, if true I'll agree and move on. No need to argue. Let him pay that high azz insurance and wait for the dust pans and brooms if he crashes.

Folks need to check what the word obsolete means.

It doesn't mean older detectors have quit working or folks can't find things with them.

In 20 years all the top end detectors may be multi frequency.
It has advantages, that's all.

May even be something out there called aome thing else besides multi freq.

Bottom line is this.
Nox can detect a lot of targets in a lot of settings.
One coil run one way-multi.

More targets than a lot of other detectors can.

The reason Minelab developed and put inside a metal detector to begin with.
Make sense?

Fbs tech has advantages too over single freq detectors.
And folks have been enjoying these benefits for years.
This advantage is undisputed by folks who are familiar.

A corvette has advantages over a lot of other cars.
But I don't have a need for these advantages, so I don't buy, and I am not interested.
If a corvette owner tries to point out his ride advantages to me, if true I'll agree and move on. No need to argue. Let him pay that high azz insurance and wait for the dust pans and brooms if he crashes.
Well put.;)

Despite the dictionary definition, calling other detectors obsolete is meant to belittle them. That was the point of the marketing campaign and that is the intent of a few posters on the forums. John started a light hearted post and I’m playing along. Can we just leave it at that and not have the Equinox shoved down our throats in yet another thread?

Here is what I found:

adjective

1. no longer in general use; fallen into disuse:
an obsolete expression.

2. of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date:
an obsolete battleship.

3. (of a linguistic form) no longer in use, especially, out of use for at least the past century.

It appears to me that the Nox claims it will replace all other detectors...

Here is what I found:

adjective

1. no longer in general use; fallen into disuse:
an obsolete expression.

2. of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date:
an obsolete battleship.

3. (of a linguistic form) no longer in use, especially, out of use for at least the past century.

It appears to me that the Nox claims it will replace all other detectors...
Lucky for other manufacturers that is not possible.... There are way too many stubborn old men in this hobby! Lol I kid I kid

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

An Equinox just can't do everything. Minelab is kidding themselves.

Nowhwere in the manual, advertising, or any other communication from Minelab, have I seen them claim it can do everything.
It's folks here and other forums that allude to that claim.

Minelab isn't kidding themselves at all. They have higher level machines that will certainly do things the Nox can't, but in the meantime, they have produced a mid/high-level machine that introduces a dynamic advance in the technology, and I'm sure that other manufacturers will follow forthwith. In the meantime, Minelab clearly owns the market at the price point.

Nowhwere in the manual, advertising, or any other communication from Minelab, have I seen them claim it can do everything.
It's folks here and other forums that allude to that claim.

Minelab isn't kidding themselves at all. They have higher level machines that will certainly do things the Nox can't, but in the meantime, they have produced a mid/high-level machine that introduces a dynamic advance in the technology, and I'm sure that other manufacturers will follow forthwith. In the meantime, Minelab clearly owns the market at the price point.

Look at the definition of obsolete. You can probably use the same argument as Bill Clinton used. Depends on what the definition of is is!!

No need to debate it really. They are using an advertisement gimmick and it might work for them. Most folks will stick to what they have and have learned I think. I do not believe many will sell their AT-pro or other mid level machines to rush out and get an Equinox. It will be folks wanting a newer machine or wanting a possible upgrade from what they already own. And folks that want to land and water hunt and were on the fence about an At-Pro and the MX Sport. Now they have three choices.

I got one for the lightness of it and the versatility of it, hoping it will find smaller gold chains. I can buy anything I want with the gold I find so cost wasn't an issue.

I am still evaluating it. If I can quiet it down and if it will perform great as a wading machine and shallow water diver I will keep it. If not, another contest might get rid of it.

Last edited:
Is it just me or did Johns humorous post get hijacked again by Equinox! The CONTEXT of Johns post was light hearted and simply pointed out, Yes, there is still stuff to be found with other detectors!!!! He is RIGHT but, all others instead don't agree and get all defensive about their Equinox! Equinox NAZIS need to chill the F out! TNSS....Surprised you chimed in here like you did all defensive right off the bat. John was being humorous in Canadian fashion (Im half Canadian and spend 2 months of the year in BC skiing and working there), not intending to offend and he got body slammed by the Equinox crowd. I agree with John that all is not found with a single machine.

Is it just me or did Johns humorous post get hijacked again by Equinox! The CONTEXT of Johns post was light hearted and simply pointed out, Yes, there is still stuff to be found with other detectors!!!! He is RIGHT but, all others instead don't agree and get all defensive about their Equinox! Equinox NAZIS need to chill the F out! TNSS....Surprised you chimed in here like you did all defensive right off the bat. John was being humorous in Canadian fashion (Im half Canadian and spend 2 months of the year in BC skiing and working there), not intending to offend and he got body slammed by the Equinox crowd. I agree with John that all is not found with a single machine.

AGREED. I am a guilty part of it also.

So let the beatings continue till moral improves.

Back
Top Bottom