• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

fort donelson relic hunt

RelicHound

Forum Supporter
is any one here attending the fort donelson coin and relic hunt this year in dover TN? just got off the phone with my dad and he signed us up..this will be my first hunt like this so im really not sure what to expect. i think everything you find is planted..which doesnt really excite me but i am excited about getting together with 200+ other detectorist for a day of fun. anyone have any pointers or tips for hunting in somthing like this? be cool to meet anyone from this forum if your going to be there.

Good luck if you guys get a chance to go. Some of the hunts really are relic hunts where the club has permission to hunt a site and some are staged hunts where numbered tokens are buried that match the prize numbers. Any way you look at it, should be fun. Let us know if you go and how you do.:yes:

see you guys there! not sure when we are going down...possibly going down the friday before the hunt..i think theres a camp ground near there so we may camp out and save the money on a hotel room.

see you guys there! not sure when we are going down...possibly going down the friday before the hunt..i think theres a camp ground near there so we may camp out and save the money on a hotel room.

We gonna stay at a hotel. Friday afternoon arrival is what we are shooting for. Hey, maybe we could find a place Friday to hunt?

yeah camping is always fun! as far as finding a place to hunt friday that would be a good idea as im not sure how my machines will act in TN soil...im assuming yall mostly have clay? i think im going to bring the tesoros to hunt with since they have the frequency switch cause by the looks of last years hunt photos they pack ya in pretty tight. its 20acres total i think with 200 hunters so there is a little room. be awesome to walk out of there with a cannon ball :tumble:

yeah im that same boat..but with summer coming to an end there will be alot of stores with camping gear on clearance..i figured i can get a decent tent for under $50..don't really need much else grab ya something to lay your head on and blanket and your good to go.

Attachments

• bart-jim-blazing_saddles.jpg
    bart-jim-blazing_saddles.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 396
I will see if my warden will let me go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. We could be the TN trio Moe , Larry and Curly. LOL
Paul

Looks like it would be a blast.... My old butt is too old to sleep on the ground...lol...Maybe I'll see you boys up there! It would be fun to meet some of ya...

Back
Top Bottom