equinox question

garviso8

Elite Member
just curios if anybody has ever found an actual gold ring with the equinox 800 that rings up as a 19-20-21 or has it always been a penny .thinking of skipping these numbers as they always seem to be a penny for me . what's the purpose of a discriminating machine if you can't skip junk targets. thanks:?:

This rang up just like a zinc penny.

Attachments

• 20190226_131202_resized.jpg
    20190226_131202_resized.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 451
  • 20190226_144040_resized.jpg
    20190226_144040_resized.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 425
Garvis with the way conditions have been out there I'll take any target no matter what it rings up as on the Nox or sounds like on the Excal.

I have found a gold ring on 20 so dig those pennies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what your defination of junk is? Found a 15g 14k gold ring that came in at 19 ish....for me junk is bottle caps

Strick

My favorite #s are 11-15 and 17-19. You will find all sorts of goodies in that range. Some trash too. Dig everything that sounds solid and even some strange signals that once up out of the ground will sound beautiful. Ground conditions really affect the #s and sounds of this machine. Look at Tony Eisenhower 's video on his chart. Gotta dig most all targets.

....what's the purpose of a discriminating machine if you can't skip junk targets. thanks:?:

The vids are wrong MANY times. I set my detector up 3 ways depending on were and what i'm hunting. Either disc out only iron or iron and small foil or anything below pennies. The only time I use vid numbers is if I'm in an area that has a lot of trash targets that are the same such as spent .22 shells. Other than that one situation I could be fine never owning a vid machine.

just curios if anybody has ever found an actual gold ring with the equinox 800 that rings up as a 19-20-21 or has it always been a penny .thinking of skipping these numbers as they always seem to be a penny for me . what's the purpose of a discriminating machine if you can't skip junk targets. thanks:?:

I hope this video will help you. It's kind of long.
It is an air test but very informational.

https://youtu.be/SsgspduZA_8

I posted here not long ago with a find just as you describe. Got a solid 21 and thought “it’s a penny” but dug it anyway. Turned out to be a phat 14k ring. I now dig everything. Here’s a picture of that zinc signal I almost passed up.

Attachments

• 695CCC2A-41E4-4670-84C2-839C5E17CECB.jpg
    695CCC2A-41E4-4670-84C2-839C5E17CECB.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 428
Depending on site and depth, I skip 19, 20, 21, 22, and 23. I was at a newish camp site with millions of targets, 19-21 was all zink and 22-23 meant bottle cap. But when at older sites that do not have so much clutter, I'll dig them. Could be an IHP or a merc in disguise.

Ive had gold rings as high as 23. Thou im not sure DEEP ones would since most trgets deep tend to down scale. Also high K like 24 can read higher.. I was once hunting with some people and they passed up a penny spill...... i didnt and got a very old ring. They even said they dug a couple then moved on. None of us really dig it all..... but i think we do more disc by picking and choosing what we dig as we hear it. Knocking out digits can also have an affect on near digits..... sometimes 2 or 3 on either side of the digit you disc.

Well since this is the beach section I'll give an answer based on that.

First off I listen to everything above zero VDI. Sometimes I even listen to the iron.

In all of my years beach hunting I have never used any discrimination for anything above iron

Have I skipped penny signals? Yes....quite often. It depends on how many targets I have already dug. How hot it is. If the gang of little basturds on the towel line are throwing pennies in front of me. Oh it has happened a few times.

It also depends on the depth of other targets I have found. One thing to know about pennies. If they are 10 inches deep the gold is out of range. Unless that ring just left a finger. Then not only am I done digging pennies I'm pretty much done hunting.

Better days are coming. At least that is what I tell myself.

On slow days I dig penny signals.. if I'm getting a decent amount of targets I'll avoid them, but the only # I don't dig when I'm avoiding them is 21 in the water and 19 on land. I don't mind missing 1 gold ring while avoiding 500 pennies... the way I see it is I've found a lot more gold rings avoiding penny signals because of how much ground I can cover, so what's the point of getting than 1 gold ring? Its a numbers game and that's how I'm always gonna play it. Didn't get 8 ounces in 4 months digging every target lol

Back
Top Bottom