Nel Tornado/ATpro mini review

alkazoo

Not one to post much, enjoy the forum though! Just recieved my new Nel Tornado coil for my Atpro. Ive owned the pro now for 3 years plus, got it down pat pretty much. Thanks to Bart at BIGBOYS for the speed delivery on the coil...In a nutshell, works great! Gave it the maiden voyage test run yesterday for 2 hours or so at a 1950s era Jr High school here in town. I wanted to try it there because it has a lot of open fields (soccer, baseball etc) and the trash is a lot less then the tot lots etc. I went over areas i had previously been numerous times. Ive always turned up a few late 40s and 50s wheat pennys and 2 1950s rosies and 1 silver quarter. I found 18 coins (all clad) with one a 1956 wheat penny. A few of the coins came up from 7 plus inches down. No big revelations but the new coil did its job just fine. I ran it one notch down from full sensitivity (seemed to work best ) No unneccessary chatter, pretty crisp signals and pinpointing was no problem. It didnt wear my arm out being a bigger coil,,,the sun and heat wore me out first. All in all , when im in a non trashy area, im keeping this coil on the pro.

Good to hear, I'm on my second season running a NEL Attack 15' coil in the water on my AT Pro and I love it.
Great depth and target separation although it did take some getting used to.

Nice

Hey same result here with my NEL snake. Have never thought of a "drop cloth" you need it with this. Yea all clad but silver will come.

My stock coil has taken a turn for the worse, so for now I'm working with my sniper 4". I'm looking to get another larger coil for both land and water use. Anyone have any experience running this bad boy under water?

Back
Top Bottom