Being Friendly

Carol K

Co-owner
Admin
I have a whole Inbox FULL of Reported Posts! This only tells me one thing, that there's some UNFRIENDLY posts/threads on the forum!

What's up?

For those of you that don't know the definition of FRIENDLY... Here it is:

friend·ly/ˈfrendlē/
Adjective:

Kind and pleasant.
(of a person) On good or affectionate terms: "I was friendly with one of the local farmers".

Synonyms:
amicable - amiable - neighbourly - neighborly - kind

This is the FRIENDLY FORUM! Take your aggravation/rants elsewhere. :roll:

READ the RULES

We will DELETE POSTS/CLOSE THREADS that are NOT FRIENDLY at OUR DISCRETION

I have a whole Inbox FULL of Reported Posts! This only tells me one thing, that there's some UNFRIENDLY posts/threads on the forum!

What's up?

friend·ly/ˈfrendlē/
Adjective:

Kind and pleasant.
(of a person) On good or affectionate terms: "I was friendly with one of the local farmers".

Synonyms:

READ the RULES

THANK YOU CAROL...:yes::yes:

Sad to hear of this Carol.:(
That's one of the reasons my wife who loves to Metal Detect, will not join a forum like FMDF. I was reading her some comments one day on a thread and she just said, "enough!" "Don't want to hear any more!" Who can blame her? Don't we have some type of color code system in place that your circle beside your name will turn a different color as a warning to "cool it?" If not, maybe we should. Throw out some red circles beside the user name where all can see, might help that individual to think about what he/she is fixing to post.
:my2cents:

Don't we have some type of color code system in place that your circle beside your name will turn a different color as a warning to "cool it?" If not, maybe we should. Throw out some red circles beside the user name where all can see, might help that individual to think about what he/she is fixing to post.

No, never heard of it. All we have is a Reputation and Infraction system that we have yet to implement.

Since this is the FRIENDLY forum, we assumed everyone would be FRIENDLY. Guess not!

Sometimes people are caught in foul moods and don't think straight when posting/viewing threads. Did you check each reported post and agree that it was inappropriate? Some of them may have been overreactions. I don't know, but was just bringing it up....

Hope it wasn't anybody from ND... As a rule most people up here are pretty friendly....:D :D

Well put Carol :)
Fishnnut, I lived there for 7 years, very friendly place to be. 70 below kept the riff-raff out :)

Sometimes people are caught in foul moods and don't think straight when posting/viewing threads. Did you check each reported post and agree that it was inappropriate? Some of them may have been overreactions. I don't know, but was just bringing it up....

We do check them before taking action.

This has worried me lately for I have had some angry responses when nothing I posted set out to inflame ... one member even inferred that I was a racist! :shock:

Even though we speak the same language (well, sort of) there are still cultural differences. We don't always understand each other.

Anyway, all I wish to do is sincerely apologise to anyone I may have unintentionally and inadvertently offended. It wasn't meant, believe me!

What's up?

friend·ly/ˈfrendlē/
Adjective:

Kind and pleasant.

Synonyms:

READ the RULES

The way I look at it you need better patrolling. The administrators can't be on 24/7. Time to bring in a 3nd administrator. Problems needs to be nip before it gets outta hand. Just my 2 cent...

Last edited:
Friendly...

I read it as more of a "FAMILY SPAT" than being unfriendly...
But rules are rules...lets just enjoy this great forum!:D

Sad that there are individuals bent on nothing more than insulting others, insinuating unethical actions, flat-out calling them liars with zero evidence, or worse. Luckily there's a system in place where these individuals and posts can be reported. It's unfortunate the mods and admins have to work a little harder to keep this site "friendly".

Sad that there are individuals bent on nothing more than insulting others, insinuating unethical actions, flat-out calling them liars with zero evidence, or worse. Luckily there's a system in place where these individuals and posts can be reported. It's unfortunate the mods and admins have to work a little harder to keep this site "friendly".

well said Ron...

The way I look at it you need better patrolling. The administrators can't be on 24/7. Time to bring in a 3nd administrator. Problems needs to be nip before it gets outta hand. Just my 2 cent...

Are you babies that you need continual babysitting?

Back
Top Bottom