Coil

pale rider

Elite Member
Anybody have any advice on the new 13" ultimate coil from White's? Wondering if I should get one for my VX3. Currently using the 950 concentric. Thanks in advance.

I see you live in Ga. What kind of depth have you been getting with your detector and 950 coil???

I used to run a V3i--no experience with the 13 ultimate----did have the 10x12 sef and liked it. Most folks I've seen comment on the 13 ultimate on the V series seem to like them. I was never a fan of the 10dd coil. That's one I highly recommend you stay away from---IMO mounts are wrong place (rear) causing detector to go out a balance, and noisier than my 10x12 was. Plus there are many other folks Who have had similar/same experiences as I have with the 10dd coil.

Just got one for my DFX. It is very nice for low trash areas. Weighs about the same as the 950 but better balanced with the rod in the center of the coil.
I have only used it 2 times so far but I am liking it. I can walk at a reasonable pace and still overlap my swings covering a lot of ground. I have only used it in an urban environment (lots of emi) so can not crank it up to see max depth. It does air test over 13" with AC up.
If you want a bigger coil to cover fairly clean ground that pin points dead center and is light then this may be what you are looking for.

I love the ultimate. I live at the coast and EMI is high. I started with the stock coil and I was having some trouble. switched up and cleaned up. I am picking up the clad and the nickels. the locals say that the park is tapped out but I have not ran out of clad yet.

I started with a pair of Ace 250s and I mounted a 13" Ultimate on one. Heavy? Yes. But it really souped up that machine and I got great area and depth coverage.

Air Test

On a silver merc in 2.5 single freq, gain 13---- 10x12 sef 15 inches , 13 ultimate V rated black 18 inches, can't wait to hit the dirt, only I might need a bigger shovel :lol: THANKS Phil

Back
Top Bottom