Screwed over by my bank

needler420

Elite Member
Went through about $4,000 in change in the last two weeks to pulls 5 silver dimes.

Well bring back some boxes and one is short a roll. I can't find it in my house.

They always count the rolls when you bring in boxes but never when they give them to you. So I got shorted a roll of dimes. Screwed over by the bank.

All the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.

Went through about $4,000 in change in the last two weeks to pulls 5 silver dimes.

Well bring back some boxes and one is short a roll. I can't find it in my house.

They always count the rolls when you bring in boxes but never when they give them to you. So I got shorted a roll of dimes. Screwed over by the bank.

All the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.
Bring back some boxes? You mean the tellers count it? Prehistoric. Make sure your count is on or suffer the consequences.

“All the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.”

No, you gained five silver dimes. All part of the game.

Honestly, sounds like a miserable way to try to find silver. You could probably hit a couple coin stars and find more with less effort. Or door knock for permissions.

Bring back some boxes? You mean the tellers count it? Prehistoric. Make sure your count is on or suffer the consequences.

“All the effort to pull 5 dimes is cancelled to losing one roll. Just wasted hours and hours of my time and nothing to show for it.”

No, you gained five silver dimes. All part of the game.

Yeah I gained 5 silver dimes. You don't mention my loss of the roll of dimes, just what I gained.

Yeah I gained 5 silver dimes. You don't mention my loss of the roll of dimes, just what I gained.
It is disappointing to find out you’re short a roll. But, roll hunting has never been about making money. It’s a hobby, plain and simple. Usually, you will lose time and money. Similar to playing a game of golf, (lost time and money) although with this hobby you can stack silver.

You might try and find a bank with a coin counter. The one at my CU is free. Saves a lot of time because you won’t have to re-roll. Good luck!

You never know what 5 silver dimes will be worth down the road. The idea, at least for me, is to stack that silver no matter what! I'd say you're still looking good with the +5

Be glad it was only 1 dime roll you were short! KT had a box that was 4 half rolls short last year! :shock::shock: And KT was upset, not at the lost rolls but that that particular box was loaded with silver halves, and He still wonders how many He missed in those 4 lost rolls.

KT has learned to inspect the boxes carefully and if there is any exterior tape holding them shut, we open on the spot in front of the vault teller and count the rolls while in the bank. This type of thing is very rare but happens sometimes when the delivery people handle the boxes rough enough to split a seam and one gets away in the truck. I am certain it is purely accidental, at least in my instance.

My bank fixed the problem. They found a old overdraft fee charge of mine and reversed it as they believe it was banks error.

For now on I get my coins and count the rolls on the side before leaving the bank on camera.

I told them I didn't want to stop coin roll hunting.

My bank fixed the problem. They found a old overdraft fee charge of mine and reversed it as they believe it was banks error.

For now on I get my coins and count the rolls on the side before leaving the bank on camera.

I told them I didn't want to stop coin roll hunting.
If I understand correctly, your bank kept a dime roll out of the box, to cover an overdraft fee :?:

If I understand correctly, your bank kept a dime roll out of the box, to cover an overdraft fee :?:

No they reversed a overdraft fee I had from a long time ago to make up for the bank error of shorting me a roll in a box I bought.

I got a $12.50 charge reversed.

No they reversed a overdraft fee I had from a long time ago to make up for the bank error of shorting me a roll in a box I bought.

I got a $12.50 charge reversed.
I gotcha.

I’ll be the Debbie Downer here. Complaining to the bank about roll hunting shortages is the fastest way to get cut off from the privilege of buying boxes, or loose rolls. The bank doesn’t have to provide this service, they are doing you a favor. Of course shortages are not right, but it’s safer if you eat the loss. Whine, and they’ll consider you a pain in the ***. Ask me how I know.

I gotcha.

I’ll be the Debbie Downer here. Complaining to the bank about roll hunting shortages is the fastest way to get cut off from the privilege of buying boxes, or loose rolls. The bank doesn’t have to provide this service, they are doing you a favor. Of course shortages are not right, but it’s safer if you eat the loss. Whine, and they’ll consider you a pain in the ***. Ask me how I know.

I know. I told them for now on Ill step to the side and count my rolls before leaving the premises.

Once you leave with the coin you purchased they aren't liable and have no way to verify a bank error.

I know. I told them for now on Ill step to the side and count my rolls before leaving the premises.

Once you leave with the coin you purchased they aren't liable and have no way to verify a bank error.
I hear ya, don’t blow it, you don’t want to be a pita!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom