Check your SPAM

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
No, not them little foreign goobers trying to steal your money, the sodium-rich goodness we all love :D

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/recall-spam-hormel-food

Hormel’s food items in question were produced on Feb. 8 through Feb. 10, 2018 at the company’s Fremont, Nebraska plant, according to the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service. Four consumer complaints and minor oral injuries have been reported from eating the products, the agency said.

The products include 12-ounce metal cans containing Spam Classic with a “best buy” date of February 2021 and production codes of F020881, F020882, F020883, F020884, F020885, F020886, F020887, F020888 and F020889. These items were shipped throughout the U.S.

Also, 12-ounce metal cans of Hormel Foods Black-Label Luncheon Loaf with a “best buy” date of February 2021 and production codes F02098 and F02108 were recalled. They were shipped only to Guam.

I have a half-dozen cans I’m saving for when SHTF, yes, there’s an expiration date but I don’t think that stuff ever goes bad...:lol::cool:

I read a book by Art "Fatso" Donovan, DL for the Baltimore Colts, who served in the marines in the pacific during WWII. He stole a case of SPAM and hid it in his tent. When caught, nobody believed that he loved the stuff and thought he was trying to sell it on the black market. He was given a short time period to eat the whole thing, or he would be court-martialed. He made it with time to spare.

RIP Art....

-- Tom

Back
Top Bottom