Any NEW machines in the rumor mill?

TheCoilist

Elite Member
Just curious if there were any rumors floating around about a NEW Garrett machine coming out? I am looking into possibly getting a new machine and upgrading from my AT Pro, but I don't want another ATP, ATM, AT whatever. I love my Garrett machines but I want something new.

I might have to make a jump to Minelab (again). I know ML has the eq600/800 as it's newest, but do they have something else in the rumor mill yet?

Just curious!

Minelab has outdone every detector and for years now. Equinox has obsoleted Tesoro already! Whos next? Time will tell.:cool3:

If Garrett were to announce anything, I think it would be at their hunt end of the month.

The Equinox has really set the bar being such a great bang-for-the-buck detector. The competition will have to come out with something along the same lines and at a great price point as well. Could get interesting come this spring/summer.:yes:

If Garrett were to announce anything, I think it would be at their hunt end of the month.
Last year, Garrett announced the new wireless pointer at the hunt. A new machine announcement at this years hunt in 2 weeks would be great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My early morning thoughts

TheCoilist said:
Just curious if there were any rumors floating around about a NEW Garrett machine coming out?
I never like to put much faith in 'rumors' unless they are generated from the manufacturer. And since this isn't a Garrett-specific forum, I'm curious why you're not interested in anything new from any reputable detector maker?

Also curious what particular use / applications you're looking to use it for?

TheCoilist said:
I am looking into possibly getting a new machine and upgrading from my AT Pro, but I don't want another ATP, ATM, AT whatever.
I don't blame you there. I unboxed the first AT Pro at a major dealer's shop with him when they were first released and checked it out .... after a brief delay due to a defective search coil that didn't work. We had to get the coil out of a second box.

I/We were marginally impressed with the features and performance, and I had one for a while to do a field evaluation. I would have hung onto it if it would have checked off enough boxes. Their 'AT' progression hasn't been so overwhelming and Garrett seems to have been trailing behind almost all other detector makers the past several years in the way of build quality, innovative features and ... performance.

TheCoilist said:
I love my Garrett machines but I want something new.

I might have to make a jump to Minelab (again). I know ML has the eq600/800 as it's newest, but do they have something else in the rumor mill yet?
Again? If you've parted from Garrett at least once you can do it again, and I have seen a lot of very good offerings hit the market the past recent years that ought to be considered.

metaladdict said:
Minelab has outdone every detector and for years now. Equinox has obsoleted Tesoro already! Whos next? Time will tell.
Minelab has offered some advances and performance that're competitive for some applications over the years, and the Equinox twins that finally got released about a year ago have found some followers who find them quite acceptable. However, Minelab certainly isn't the reason why Tesoro bit the dust.

That was mostly from their own doing, or lack of doing, because they didn't have the design engineer, finances or wherewithal to be able to compete in the modern market of affordable and versatile Target ID and Tone ID detectors at affordable prices. Marketing wasn't there, either.

But some of the model offerings they produced were, and are, solid performers for many applications and worthy of owning and using. They can make a very good 'fit' in many detector outfits a lot of us rely on, even if we might favor some modern marvels from other detector manufacturers.

ZR2guy said:
The Equinox has really set the bar being such a great bang-for-the-buck detector. The competition will have to come out with something along the same lines and at a great price point as well. Could get interesting come this spring/summer.
The Equinox did set a new bar, so to speak, especially for Minelab their self, and there were, and now are, some competitive models in the race that are noteworthy in that market. I believe we will soon see more competition in a sort of similar design but for the lower-cost budget from Nokta-Makro Detection Technologies, and XP has their modestly-priced ORX in consumer's hands already.

Will there be more competition featuring a closer package design from some of the other detector manufacturers or different-packaged competition in their price range? I think so. But right now I think the odds are in favor of those making the biggest strides in recent years, Minelab, XP and Nokta-Makro.

Of the others who are in the detector making race located here in the USA, I feel models from FTP might be the next to offer us something more appealing. Garrett is terrific when it comes to marketing and perhaps have an engineering staff to work on R&D to get back in the race. Today, I'm not seeing many bright spots from White's.

Just some after-midnight thoughts as I am catching up on posts and e-mails before heading out for a day of ghost town hunting at sunrise. Four detectors are loaded in my rig and ready to go, especially my favorites for handling the tougher dense iron contaminated sites.

Have to put in some hunt-time while I also wait to see what might be coming this year that is new and exciting.

Monte

Wasn't there a rumor of a simultaneous multi freq. Deus coming out? I though someone posted some info from XP on it a while back.

I'm not sure about XP but Nokta / Makro has said they're working on a SMF machine. They have to launch the Simplex line next month and then my guess is they'll focus on the new SMF.

I welcome any and all new SMF machines. They honestly have huge advantages that we need.

I really like the NOX line, but I think Minelab didn't put their best effort into the software because they wanted to keep the NOX as a mid level detector. I have no inside information, but I'm thinking that we'll see a replacement for the 3030 this year as a higher end NOX. Maybe an Equinox 1000? There's a lot of room software wise to make those machines much better.

-Joe

I'm not sure about XP but Nokta / Makro has said they're working on a SMF machine. They have to launch the Simplex line next month and then my guess is they'll focus on the new SMF.

I welcome any and all new SMF machines. They honestly have huge advantages that we need.

I really like the NOX line, but I think Minelab didn't put their best effort into the software because they wanted to keep the NOX as a mid level detector. I have no inside information, but I'm thinking that we'll see a replacement for the 3030 this year as a higher end NOX. Maybe an Equinox 1000? There's a lot of room software wise to make those machines much better.

-Joe

Funny thing with maknokta is as soon as their new detector is out they have another one coming out.:roll:

Minelab has outdone every detector and for years now. Equinox has obsoleted Tesoro already! Whos next? Time will tell.:cool3:

Tesoro killed Tesoro. They were stuck in the 80's and didn't know how to innovate to keep up with their competitors. Sadly I feel White's is the next to fall behind.

Everyone is talking about the upcoming Garrett hunt, but nobody said anything about where it is at...What state, town etc.....I'm new to this.

Everyone is talking about the upcoming Garrett hunt, but nobody said anything about where it is at...What state, town etc.....I'm new to this.
Jefferson, TX.
This is the 3rd annual. All the info is on the Garrett website.
It is a ton of fun and worth the travel for a 3-day weekend.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I’m not stuck with Garrett’s. I’ve had an e-trac and a 3030. However, the etrac was sold so I could afford the excal that I used a heck of a lot more. However, now that I am no longer close to the beach, I’m thinking I may sell the excal. I have lakes and freshwater beaches near me, but rumors and reviews of the excal in fresh water are hit or miss.

I like the idea of a water machine that’s designed for water use because I would love to get into these lakes and find goodies. But I won’t be diving. The AT pro is capable of water hunts but requires proper headphones, etc.

The nox as mentioned has had a less than impressive software installed and while it seems like a good fit, I fear it too may fall short only because the Garrett setup is just so simple to use. Improper setup of a minelab could really throw you for a loop and you’ll be dissatisfied. That’s how the etrac was for me so it was rarely used. The 3030 I had ended up having a control module issue out of the box and I wasn’t aware of it until many hunts later when it started having serious interference during every use that gradually got worse. So it too had to go bye bye.

Minelab I love the idea of, but not sure it’s the machine for me. But hobestly, if Garrett flops another release, I’m seriously considering jumping ship and getting a minelab, selling the Garrett’s, and forcing myself to learn a new system from ground up. I just need it to have good water options, lol.

My excals all worked flawlessly in fresh water.. Not sure where you here they have issues?

Conductivity issues. Supposedly the excal is desensitized to salt and therefore would miss small gold objects because they’re in the same ranges. There are threads on it here and a lot more on other forums discussing the issues. It’s a VLF machine phenomena apparently.

Again, I don’t know from personal experience. Just from what I read.

The excal will miss small gold just like all VLF's. has nothing to do with salt or fresh water.. I can attest to using mine is tons of fresh water lakes and rivers it works as well there as anywhere. Maybe better.

As much as I like to rag on Tesoro, I really do wish they were able to pull their heads out of their butts and engineer the Cazador and release it to the market. Tesoro was due for a modern machine.

They did come out with the Cazador. It’s basically a waterproof, three tone vaquero with three coils of your choice all for $499. Oh wait, that was a dream I had...

Back
Top Bottom