And I almost threw it away....

TonyAZ

Elite Member
Found this lighter about 3 weeks ago.. Noticed the lid had an odd shape to it.. Then threw it in my trash pouch.. Forgot about it.. I always look through my trash after a hunt. Because I have found things- that first looked like trash-- that we're not .So I pick up the lighter and look at it .. Could just toss it in some vinegar for a few days and see what it looks like--- or throw it away ? Tossed it in some vinegar. After a few days it looked like this.Looked it up on EBAY by the maker.. One just sold on EBAY in working condition for $810... Figured it outa still have some value to a collector in non working condition. So I cleaned it up as good as I could and put it on EBAY for a 10 day auction.. Auction ended yesterday...Turns out to be the most valuable item I've ever found in 8+ years of detecting...and I almost threw it away!!! Tony AZ..
6c557a026d4d46e18522d71d72268f43.jpg
b5c5ccc2658c168c2d4b3087a8cee419.jpg
42e714781679f9451deb4cfc61179e4e.jpg
29cbbb5bf17cfbe423909dd0aa761b24.jpg

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Wow amazing story, I myself might have researched it, but not sure it would have had that value in that condition. A true lesson for us all.

Congratulations and good thinking, sir!

Man that is great. Must be the cream of the crop of lighters. I woulda never researched myself, Im being honest, and woulda ended up in one of my buckets for the scrapyard.

No question, you’re the man. I’m sure I’d of tossed it in the trash. Now i’m thinking about all the “trash” I’ve thrown away.. :?:

Wow, man. What an amazing find. And Killer sale! I'd have looked it up, but I'm not sure I'd have tried to sell it. WTG!

Skippy

That is CRAZY! :lol: Amazing research and sale. I probably would have put that in my display case, maybe.... nice work making some good $ off it!

Note to self: I gotta set up an Ebay account!...Absolutely a wonderful find, research, and sale! Thats like finding 16 Peace Dollars! Thanks for the post and inspiration!

That is just awesome. I have done that with a couple of my finds but never with the result you got!! CONGRATS!

It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to purchase on Ebay. I recently sold an old toy car that I had dug up and it went for a few bucks, but a "few bucks" was better than just throwing it away.

HH and GL!

I would have tossed it too! Wow guess you have to research all finds before they hit the trash can!!

That is just awesome. I have done that with a couple of my finds but never with the result you got!! CONGRATS!

It never ceases to amaze me what people are willing to purchase on Ebay. I recently sold an old toy car that I had dug up and it went for a few bucks, but a "few bucks" was better than just throwing it away.

HH and GL!

I hear ya there. I found a beat up hot wheels redline mustang. It was toast! I put it on eBay and got over $30 for it. I was shocked!

Wow, cool. That reminds me, I found an old lighter a few months ago.... but tossed it without inspecting it. Yikes!

Back
Top Bottom