Whites mx sport and equinox 600

Not happy

I held the 600 and the sport one in each hand. The sport was meatier and well built. The 600 light and fragile to the feel.

I opted for the Sport as I have always been a white's guy. In my opinion it was a crime to associate the MX sport to an MXT one of the finest all around machines White's ever marketed. I have no opinion on the 600 as I have no experience with it. I did have a short time with the 800 and if I had to do it over again I would have ponied up the extra 2 bills for the 800.

Keep in mind the 800 is wireless and will not be useful submerged, so you would have to cough up more for wired earphones

I held the 600 and the sport one in each hand. The sport was meatier and well built. The 600 light and fragile to the feel.

I opted for the Sport as I have always been a white's guy. In my opinion it was a crime to associate the MX sport to an MXT one of the finest all around machines White's ever marketed. I have no opinion on the 600 as I have no experience with it. I did have a short time with the 800 and if I had to do it over again I would have ponied up the extra 2 bills for the 800.

Keep in mind the 800 is wireless and will not be useful submerged, so you would have to cough up more for wired earphones

Thanks grinsebring for the input.I used a 600 but I think it might have had some bugs in it from the first run,and went and bought another recently but haven’t even opened it yet and was thinking from all the videos I see on the mx sport it might be a bloodhound..Definitely seems to be a deep machine

I think both are great detectors but I think the Equinox is the better of the two.
I can't say one bad thing about the Sport but the fact that the Nox is multi freq,
super fast, and much lighter (better balanced) than the Sport It is my pick of the two.
That being said the Sport is a better built machine (sturdy), Made in the U.S by a great company,
and is a very deep machine. I was surprised at the depth I can get with sens set at 3 or 4
No need to run it hot, I like the Nox better but I'm still a fan of the Sport.
Good luck with the 600 I have a feeling too that something was wrong with your last one,
I remember you saying the I.D on coins was bad but mine I.Ds coins great,
Hope this is a better experience for you but if you try it and still don't click with it let me know and I'll trade you my Sport w/ waterproof phones for it.
Good luck and Happy Hunting Pete!

I think both are great detectors but I think the Equinox is the better of the two.
I can't say one bad thing about the Sport but the fact that the Nox is multi freq,
super fast, and much lighter (better balanced) than the Sport It is my pick of the two.
That being said the Sport is a better built machine (sturdy), Made in the U.S by a great company,
and is a very deep machine. I was surprised at the depth I can get with sens set at 3 or 4
No need to run it hot, I like the Nox better but I'm still a fan of the Sport.
Good luck with the 600 I have a feeling too that something was wrong with your last one,
I remember you saying the I.D on coins was bad but mine I.Ds coins great,
Hope this is a better experience for you but if you try it and still don't click with it let me know and I'll trade you my Sport w/ waterproof phones for it.
Good luck and Happy Hunting Pete!

Thanks for the info Ron.I unpacked the nox tonight and ran it through the test garden.Definatley seems more stable than the first one I had,numbers seem to lock on better too.Very well possible I had a first run bug in mine,or the new software update is in this one,I bought it new so I’m assuming it came updated..I’m thinking I’ll hold onto it for awhile,I do like Minelab s nice tones,and it’s not a hard machine to look at either,pretty sleek.lol.

Attachments

• B237DA6F-81EF-48EA-B4E7-09D9244C6B1C.jpg
    B237DA6F-81EF-48EA-B4E7-09D9244C6B1C.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,010
My 600 is still going strong, and is a good performer. For flexibility, it's hard (impossible?) to beat the Nox.

Thanks for the info Ron.I unpacked the nox tonight and ran it through the test garden.Definatley seems more stable than the first one I had,numbers seem to lock on better too.Very well possible I had a first run bug in mine,or the new software update is in this one,I bought it new so I’m assuming it came updated..I’m thinking I’ll hold onto it for awhile,I do like Minelab s nice tones,and it’s not a hard machine to look at either,pretty sleek.lol.

Lol, It looks TOO good, Now go get that thing dirty! :laughing:
Seriously I think you made a good choice, very fun machine I think you'll like it.

In the name of full disclosure, I am a life long Whites user.

Given the similar prices, go with what gives you more. I have an MX Sport, and I like my MX Sport. However, the Eclipse can hunt at different frequencies, or multiple frequencies. Also, it weighs less. Like the MXS, it is waterproof, and works on wet sand. The MXS can't match it feature for feature. The MXS doesn't lack in depth, but the ability to change frequency isn't something that the MXS can overcome and that feature is HUGE.

If my MX Sport ever dies after warranty, I will likely replace is with the Eclipse 800, as I don't have the same coil investment in MXS that I do in my MXT and V3i.

Me and Ole Sharpshooter were talking. You need to contact the guy you sold that Equinox to and tell him about the bugs in it.BTW I see your off the Tesoro kick this week.....:laughing::laughing: You crack me up sometimes.

Me and Ole Sharpshooter were talking. You need to contact the guy you sold that Equinox to and tell him about the bugs in it.BTW I see your off the Tesoro kick this week.....:laughing::laughing: You crack me up sometimes.

I’ll hafto look back and see who bought it,but surely he would have installed the upgrade I’d think,,but I’ll hafto contact him..as for the tesoro,still have one left and plan on keeping it.Theyre a lot of fun calabash,never know what’s gonna come outta the hole.

I’ll hafto look back and see who bought it,but surely he would have installed the upgrade I’d think,,but I’ll hafto contact him..as for the tesoro,still have one left and plan on keeping it.Theyre a lot of fun calabash,never know what’s gonna come outta the hole.

right! i'll second that! ..tons of fun,and one hell of a "coin and jewelry" sniper!
value to cost tough to beat! tesoro means treasure!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Here we go with the Tesoro fan boy....:laughing: BTW just thinking about it your just pretty much digging everything with a Tesoro. You could do that with any ole detector.
What you guys call fun seems like a dull way to hunt to me. A one tone machine almost makes me go to sleep thinking about it. A sore thumb from turning the disc knob does nothing for me.

A digital detector running multiple freqs at one time now that's fun in my book.

Here we go with the Tesoro fan boy....:laughing: BTW just thinking about it your just pretty much digging everything with a Tesoro. You could do that with any ole detector.
What you guys call fun seems like a dull way to hunt to me. A one tone machine almost makes me go to sleep thinking about it. A sore thumb from turning the disc knob does nothing for me.

A digital detector running multiple freqs at one time now that's fun in my book.

No,I never thumb the disc..I either turn it up full blast and it just bangs on coins,or I put it on nickel and just dig..I see guys thumb the disc on YouTube,,but the fun part is when it’s set to nickel you never know what’s coming out of the hole.Honestly,when digging low conductors the Visual ID is kinda worthless in my book,cause so many different metals fall in that range.

My last detector was an MX Sport. It is a really good detector but a bit on the heavy side, especially in comparison with the Equinox. It can hunt deep, really deep. The TID is spot on from my experience and recovery speed is very quick.
Like the Equinox, I find the stock coil quite capable on the MX Sport. The MX Sport does come with an adapter cable for headphones (Are you listening Minelab?) I think the MX Sport would have sold better if not for all the initial problems it had right after the launch. It is also a bit overpriced in my opinion, especially when the pricing was announced on the Equinox.
I really enjoyed hunting with the MX Sport but I enjoy the Equinox much more.
The Equinox may not make all the competition obsolete but I am sure Minelab has captured even more market share because of it. One thing it did do for certain, is it drove down the used prices on single frequency detectors. :yes:

I own the mx sport and the equinox 800. Had the mx for a couple years and the equinox for this summer. Feel free to pm me with questions and I will tell you everything I can. Both are great machines and both have advantages.

Back
Top Bottom