My best gold find ever and I still can’t believe it

I’m located in SoCal and the coin was 7” deep.

Ah yes, another west coast gold coin. For some reason (which has been discussed/mused on md'ing forum threads before) : Most gold coins get found on the west coast. Welcome to the club !

I loved your find write up backstory!! Expecting a penny or a piece of trash....then...."WTH is This?" :laughing::laughing: Mega Congratulations on the White Buffalo you got there!

Good Lord that is fantastic! Good for you, just another example of "if you don't dig it you'll never know", outstanding!

I’m located in SoCal and the coin was 7” deep.
So Cal has all the gold.

Unfortunately I can’t give out details since I want to hunt this place some more. Plus is not just me hunting there so I can’t be the one to ruin it for everyone especially since I was the last one to arrive at the site. I can tell you it wasn’t Ebay and I was using field 1 when I came across it. When I’m ready to start autographing detectors I will make sure to notify you first :D

ID'ing location as Southern California is close enough. Even stating the county is better and doesn't give away your site. Putting this info in your profile is nice and helpful for us reading posts.

We are interested in general location since members here are all over the world.

Great find and the one we all dream about.

Congratulations that is a beautiful coin and a memory that I'm sure you will never forget!

What a spectacular find, congratulations. Make sure you keep looking in that area there might be more!!

BTW, I'm sure you're aware of the rules here : I get 30% of all finds made in CA. I accept paypal. Please kindly send me the cut of the proceeds. Thankyou :laughing:

Ah yes, another west coast gold coin. For some reason (which has been discussed/mused on md'ing forum threads before) : Most gold coins get found on the west coast. Welcome to the club !

Had to go there eh Tom? Only kidding, yes it would seem the gold rush is alive and well in Cali still...only ratty colonial coppers out here, but I'm still hopeful after I found that 1877 seated last week, why not a gold coin in their pocket as well, totally possible!!!

Big congrats I’ll probably never find a gold coin over here on the east coast

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

:woot: What a fantastic find! It'll be a hard one to top (but you never know!). :D As you pointed out, I'd be thanking the Lord above, too! Congratulations!

Feel free to wash it with water. Gold is notoriously non-reactive. Just don't wipe it dry.

I hadn't heard that gold coins shouldn't be wiped dry, although it makes sense. Does this apply to all coins? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom