New to forum

okiesilver

Been detecting 40 years now. Hunting old homesites and parks, and old fairgrounds are my favorite. Oldest coin Ive found was a 1856 seated Quarter with a Explorer 2. Explorer 2 was a great machine and found many coins for me. Also one of my first machines was a great machine to. Teknetics Mark 1. I'm 68 now so time get a newer lighter weight detector. Equinox 600 and Xterra 705 are now my choices. Still enjoy this hobby as much as I always did. NOw that I'm 68 its a little more difficult ,but I still going as often as possible. Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum...........:thumbsup:

Okiesilver... Welcome from Boston! I’ve got a couple years on you. With a left total knee replacement seven years ago. I can no longer kneel with any weight on that knee to recover a target, but I’ve modified my recovery position and do just fine. Enjoy the forum... happy to have you.
Jim

Welcome to the Forum! This is definitely a good place to show off your finds! Pics are always welcome haha

Welcome to the forum. I have you by ten years. But still swinging a coil and digging targets. So keep on digging its good for us.

Greetings from "Parts Unknown" NY!

In my future are hips, knees,neck and lower back surgery ! Does it stop me from MD? No but slows me down some days!

GLHH!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

:fmdfwelcome:... from the thawing out state of Minnesota! :woot: We're glad that you have joined us. :yes: Happy hunting! :mder:

Last edited:
:fmdfwelcome: We are glad to have you, and will look forward to reading your posts & hearing about your finds! Congrats on the seated quarter. :clapping:

Well now, I thought I was an old detectorist but I find Okiesilver, Jimther and Georgeinsc....I'm new to this hobby also. I'm 75 and had both knees replaced so I can't kneel either. I have to do it with a wide stance and bend over.
Don't know how long I'll last at this hobby but I'll go as long as I can.
Getting frustrated tho, have not found anything good. A lot of pull tabs, aluminum cans, and other junk. I'll keep at it. Would like to find somebody near me that I could learn from but it's had to do.

I'm in Harrisburg, Pa.

Back
Top Bottom