Took the Day Off for "Me Day" - 4 Ring Junkapalooza!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Before I begin my story, I would like to thank David for putting in perspective how it could've gone for me...and I at least beat your 38¢! :lol:

I have been a little extra swamped recently with additional problems that have kept me from finding some time to go hunt. After seeing that the surf would be flat for today I informed my boss yesterday that I would not be coming in tomorrow. I decided that Monday was going to be "Me Day". I planned on taking Merlin out and was in the water in the 6:30 am darkness. I hunted for 5 hours. The "gold" looking ring I thought was initially junk, then after rubbing it with sand and it got shiny thought it gold. Took it out a bit later in the hunt and examined it more carefully and noted a pitted spot so we were back to believing it was junk. It has what I believe is Arabic writing on the outside and inside of the ring. The large silver band is stainless and says "Ex Pluribus Unum" on the outside. The last ring I got I thought was silver but when I got home it was unmarked. Silver acid test goes through plating and shows copper/brass underneath. Despite my lack of gold I feel that the day was a great success for me. It is a real shame on that Fitbit that it wasn't found earlier. Back to work tomorrow but I feel revitalized! :good:

Attachments

• 10-21-19.jpg
    10-21-19.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 555
  • 10-21-19 Rings.jpg
    10-21-19 Rings.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 492
  • 10-21-19 Glasses.jpg
    10-21-19 Glasses.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 510
Man, its been tough... no posts of south fl gold lately lol I went out on Friday, found 3 rings, all steel.

I think my last gold was 3 months ago :(

The 1st ring I ever found was the same as the 1 with Arabic writing. I was so convinced it was gold... beach was frequented by Russians in the past and I thought it was Russian writing.
After a little research I found out it was 1 RING TO RULE THEM ALL... Its the ring from the Lord of the Rings.

The 1st ring I ever found was the same as the 1 with Arabic writing. I was so convinced it was gold... beach was frequented by Russians in the past and I thought it was Russian writing.
After a little research I found out it was 1 RING TO RULE THEM ALL... Its the ring from the Lord of the Rings.
Similar to Arabic but not..just saying.

well

Felix atleast you picked up some shades , probably a needed day off to reset, poor Dave he's scratching his head wondering what he has to do to get back on Top :lol: , Nice hunt , hope you had fun on your day off , Ps is that Go Pro dead , or alive :?::roll::lol:

You can do beach sanitation instead of working in the school Felix... I see you found some of your favorite junk pennies..

Some Lord of the Ring, rings were made out of 14k for your info...

I agree just nice to get out. And it had to be warm, chill in the air here.. :(

4 junkers just means a good one is just around the corner! Take another few days off of work and your odds will go up drastically ☺

Before I begin my story, I would like to thank David for putting in perspective how it could've gone for me...and I at least beat your 38¢! :lol:
Back to work tomorrow but I feel revitalized! :good:
The 1st ring I ever found was the same as the 1 with Arabic writing... Its the ring from the Lord of the Rings.

Steve beat me to the punch. I, too, found the same ring!!

:cool: At least it was some well spent time to clear your mind and roll the dice on finding a prize. Yup, you definitely beat my $0.38 !!! :lol:

Attachments

• miami.jpg
    miami.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 353
Hey you got out and some shades and a nail clipper. better than nothing.
one day I found $140 pair of brand new Ray Bans. Love them.

Man, its been tough... no posts of south fl gold lately lol I went out on Friday, found 3 rings, all steel.

I think my last gold was 3 months ago :(

My theory is that the millennial are so loaded up with student debt and think the world is going to end in a few years due to global warming they cannot afford and won't buy gold rings because they won't be around. They would rather waste their money on over priced coffee at starbucks.

Felix those lord of the rings junk will definitely get your heart rate up. I found one and stuck it on my finger as I worked my way back to the car. Putting my tools in the car and the ring was missing. I thought I had lost a nice gold ring. Next morning I spent four hours back at the same beach detecting the area again Nothing but some clad. Two days later I was back at the same area and when I took the detector out of the car I turned it on and swung the coil. 'wondered what that was, Kicked back the leaves and there was the ring. Got home and looked online to see what I was seeing and JUNK OF THE HIGHEST ORDER.

My theory is that the millennial are so loaded up with student debt and think the world is going to end in a few years due to global warming they cannot afford and won't buy gold rings because they won't be around. They would rather waste their money on over priced coffee at starbucks.

They have been conditioned to believe that gold is junk. Not money. "A worthless relic," B. Bernake . Dollar is king :laughing:

Over in Asia we don't have CBC,NBC,CNN etc etc feeding the daily barrage of kool-aid. Everyone purchases 24k, 18k with stones, PT or 999 silver.

If someone is wearing fake bling and they walk into a starbucks.... they will be looked down upon (as they should)

They have been conditioned to believe that gold is junk. Not money. "A worthless relic," B. Bernake . Dollar is king :laughing:

Over in Asia we don't have CBC,NBC,CNN etc etc feeding the daily barrage of kool-aid. Everyone purchases 24k, 18k with stones, PT or 999 silver.

If someone is wearing fake bling and they walk into a starbucks.... they will be looked down upon (as they should)

THE KOB & his KOBSTERS are on the next flight out !

Back
Top Bottom