• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Just ordered the Garrett AT-MAX

TriadHunter

Elite Member
After about 1-year of successful detecting with my ACE 400, I am ready to up my game. So when the AT-MAX came out, I just had to know more. I'll spare you all the details, but if you don't know already, the AT-MAX is basically a hybrid of the AT-PRO and the AT-GOLD.

Some of the features that pushed me over the edge are:
  • Wireless headphones
  • Backlit display (activate as needed)
  • Adjustable internal speaker volume!

Those might sound like minor things, but the lack of these things drove me nuts on my ACE 400.

According to multiple sources, Garrett should be done "working out the bugs" in August. I hear they're currently working on that adjustable internal volume feature and that should be it. Dealers are capped at a $722 low price, but as I'm sure most of you are aware, dealers vary widely on the bonus packages they offer. KELLYCO was the best package deal that I could find, so I went with them.

So pumped! :cool:

That is super, congrats !!!!

You KNOW they'll be many forum members waiting to hear your review after you get it and you've had a chance to try it out on some hunts !

Update

Let us know what you think of the AT Max. I bought the AT Pro but wish I would have waited to buy the AT Max especially with the updates.

Not waterproof

Then useless to most of the AT Max audience, including me...

Sorry but most of the folks really watching this thread are looking for a few key reasons...

A detector built....

1) By a company with decades of proven reliability, and no questions asked customer service that has always been held high in reviews..

2) A machine built off of suggestions and improvements, of what has already been proven to be a real producer of PMs, in most every environment..

3) A USA based company, with real time people, that can clearly communicate with you to get you back on the loot..

This machine has what I'll best describe as winning pedigree..

Not saying the rutus doesn't have it, it's just a different machine, based on a brand newer company, I.e. unproven more or less... Some day, maybe, a rutus runner will have pictures like these, ATP finds?

<°)))>{

Attachments

• user26275_pic61164_1411060685.jpg
    user26275_pic61164_1411060685.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_20160301_193405.jpg
    IMG_20160301_193405.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 440
Then useless to most of the AT Max audience, including me...

Exactly. You are spot-on with your reasons. And I did consider other possibilities but nothing touched the AT-MAX claims coupled with Garrett reputation and service. I have been in streams and rivers lately and love hunting in that environment, but my ACE isn't great for that.

Side note to metaladdict: I ordered it for $700 shipped, not $800.

pictures like these, ATP finds?

<°)))>{

Yep! I dont know what it is about the Pro Platform, It has a LOT of drawbacks we have all discussed and theres no real reason a guy could put their finger on how come it does what it does?...But since its introduction its been a flat out in field producer as Ice's photos attest...Not only on gold and silver, even the cladstabbers love them...

Sort of hard to argue with Infield RESULTS...I still cant figure it out from a technological angle...For the past few years, results posted, they are the Top In Field Performers of the Single freaks.....:?:

Last edited:
It's sure taking a long time for delivering the Max since they started taking orders. They must be having troubles with it.

I spoke to multiple sources including Garrett and word on the street is that they're finalizing the volume control feature. AUG release is the target.

Seriously considered the Max, but opted for the Pro. Had to get a pin pointer, hand digger and shovel (Lesche Sampson)...Tried to set myself up for success out of the box. Thoughts are to eventually upgrade to Max down the road. Want to get some hunting time in to cut my teeth before hand.

Seriously considered the Max, but opted for the Pro. Had to get a pin pointer, hand digger and shovel (Lesche Sampson)...Tried to set myself up for success out of the box. Thoughts are to eventually upgrade to Max down the road. Want to get some hunting time in to cut my teeth before hand.

For what it's actually worth...

My best season with the ATP, gold alone, would buy 4+ AT Max machines.. Or any single machine for that matter...

Boost of hope for ya!

<°)))>{

No doubt the At Pro is very good, the max to me is over priced. Just want a deeper detector,I

know I am missing deep goodies.

know I am missing deep goodies.

Based on posts and finds, seems like the Etrac is a winning combination for anyone looking for a land lubber deep seeker.....

But like I said, not waterproof, different class....

Find a rutus, or racer discussion, or something made in Turkey, Russia, or the Ukraine..

Folks are here for different reasons, but not my house, feel free to continue...

<°)))>{

Back
Top Bottom